I’ve been slowly trying out new drugstore products, but haven’t had a chance to fully write up posts yet (full time job… 2 little kiddos…) Here are my favorites, hopefully they’ll each get their own posts in the future!
1. CoverGirl The Super Sizer Mascara: This is the new “it” mascara from CoverGirl, and it is a good one! It has a molded plastic brush, but is prone to clumps. I swipe with a tissue first, and then the brush is perfect for keeping lashes separated and it reaches down right next to the lash line. I had to buy mine in store, I can’t find it on-line.
2. Burt’s Bees Renewal Firming Day Lotion w/SPF 30: Are you tired of me talking about this lotion yet? It’s a nice, lightweight option for every day. It has full UV spectrum SPF 30 as well. You can read my Renewal Firming Day Lotion review for more details, or buy it from ULTA, Target, or Amazon.
3. L’Oreal Brow Stylist Plumper: It’s amazing what a difference a good brow can make! One swipe of this mascara-like wand and my brows are instantly filled in, they stay put and look natural, not Instagrammy. (And yes, this is a dupe for a much more expensive product by Benefit.) Buy it at ULTA, Amazon, or Target.
4. NYX Color Correcting Cream: I’m a big fan of color correction for my rosacea associated redness (here’s more info about how to color correct makeup), so green is my favorite tint. What’s great about this color corrector is that the lotion is lightweight, works well under my other makeup and is invisible on my skin. Each tone also comes in 2 different intensities. Buy it at ULTA or NYX.
5. L’Oreal Advanced Hairstyle BLOW DRY IT Quick Dry Primer Spray: Yes, it does just what it says. It is so lightweight you can’t feel it in your hair, and it even protects against heat damage. Buy it from Amazon, Target, or ULTA.
6. Almay Smart Shade Butter Kiss: I know, those tinted moisturizing lippies really aren’t anything new, but these ones are different! They have Almay’s shade changing technology. So, you pick your skin tone (light, light/medium or medium) and then there are 3 options for youin berry, pink, nude or red. The shade will automatically adjust to look perfect on you! Now we just need to convince Almay that women come in shades darker than “medium”.
7. L’Oreal Infallible Pro-Spray & Set Makeup Extender Setting Spray: At $16 this is a bit expensive for L’Oreal, but it really is worth it. I received 2 bottles of it (one from L’Oreal and one from CVS), and gave the 2nd to a friend whose teenage daughter competes almost every weekend in dancing. She’s reported that the spray works even for the intense dance competitions, dramatically cutting down on how often they need to reapply makeup. You can buy it from Amazon, Target, or ULTA.
8. Flower Beauty Transforming Touch: This is a really pretty powder to cream blush. It lasts for hours and creates a very pretty glow. Only available in person at Walmart currently, it’s worth the trip!