web analytics

Get the Look: Julianna Margulies at the Golden Globes 2013

Julianna Margulies at the Golden Globes 2013


It takes guts to head off to a Red Carpet affair broadcast around the world with a pony tail. But, if you have the right pros to help pull you off, a lot of confidence and it doesn’t hurt to have a few famous friends to chat with on the Red Carpet…

I thought she looked great, but of course you know I also couldn’t resist posting the pic of her chatting on the Red Carpet with George. (Also, it was another great look at her formal ponytail.)

Julianna Margulies Makeup

Julianna’s makeup was done by celeb makeup artist extraordinaire Molly Stern (here are some great tips from her on which makeup brush to use when). Who I love. I’m constantly in awe of the looks she does, and I swear whenever I feel compelled to look up who did a celeb’s makeup, about 90% of the time, it was Molly. (The other 10% of the time it was Jake Bailey, who I also love.)

1. Molly first prepped Julianna’s skin with L’Oréal Paris Revitalift Miracle Blur Finishing Cream to create a soft-focus finish

2. Next, she applied L’Oréal Paris Magic Lumi Primer and sparingly applied L’Oréal Paris Visible Lift Foundation

3. For cheeks and eyes, Molly added a pop of color with Laura Mercier cream blush in Sunrise and Eye Basics Base in Tawny

4. She dusted the L’Oréal Paris Color Riche Eye Shadow Quad in What Happens in Vegas all over the lid before adding L’Oréal Paris Infallible Shadow in Eternal Sunshine for an added golden sheen

5. Molly lined Julianna’s upper and lower lash line with the hues in L’Oréal Paris Colour Riche Eye Shadow Quad in Skinny Jeans

6. She defined Julianna’s brows using Hourglass Cosmetics’ Brow-Sculpting pencil in Soft Brunette

7. She curled her lashes with a Shu Uemura lash curler before applying two coats of L’Oréal Paris Telescopic Shocking Extensions Mascara

8. Molly created Julianna’s bold pout by using L’Oréal Paris Infallible Compact Lipstick in Crimson

Julianna Margulies Hair

The key to the formal pony tail is that it can’t be ordinary. It either needs to be incredibly sleek like Julianna’s, or you need to add an insane amount of volume. Anything else looks like you were just too lazy to do your hair for the Red Carpet. Sebastian Scolarici definitely pulled off sleek here!

1. Sebastian prepped Julianna’s hair with L’Oréal Paris’ new Advanced Haircare Smooth Intense Shampoo and Conditioner

2. While hair was damp, he worked in the L’Oréal Paris Advanced Haircare Smooth Intense Frizz Taming Serum before blow-drying smooth

3. Once dry, Sebastian tightly brushed Julianna’s hair back with a Mason-Pearson brush before securing with a Hair Bungee to create a ponytail that was perfectly sleek, but had a bit of height to it

4. He finished the look by tying just a piece of patent leather around her ponytail to add just touch of glam to this simple look

5. Before Julianna hit the red carpet, he sprayed Elnett Satin Hairspray to lock in her look and tame any flyaways

Hair and Makeup Tutorials
More hair and makeup tutorials from the Red Carpet and Runway!

Affiliate Links

Sign up for updates

About Me

I’m a doctor, a mommy and a bit of a beauty addict. If you let me, I can take 2 hours to get ready in the morning. Really. I'm on a quest for faster beauty that works!

Leave a Comment