Ruth Wilson won a Golden Globe for her work in TV series drama “The Affair,” which I have to admit I’ve never heard of. But, I really loved how her eyes complemented her green Prada dress. Her look was created by Celebrity Makeup Artist Brigitte Reiss-Andersen.
Get the Look: • Skin is the foundation of any beauty look. Before makeup application, I wiped her skin down with Simple Skincare Micellar Cleansing Water (at Drugstore.com) for a gentle cleanse and boost of hydration, with special attention around the t-zone. Micellar Water is so popular abroad; it’s awesome to have a drugstore version here in the states!
• Next, I massaged Simple Skincare Nourishing 24 HR Day/Night Moisturizer (at Drugstore.com) into her skin to nourish and hydrate – readying skin for makeup application.
• After her skin was prepped, I started out by brushing the illuminating Armani Maestro Eraser Concealer in #3 under the eyes (at Nordstrom), and then applied Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation in #5 (at Nordstrom) to even out the complexion. I then brushed a Giorgio Armani Cheek Fabric blush in #503 (at Nordstrom) onto the apples of the cheek to add warmth.
• To give Ruth a bold eye without having to go too heavy or smoky, I started by adding Giorgio Armani Smooth Silk Eye Pencil in #7 (at Nordstrom) in emerald to the lash line. I smudged the pencil ever so slightly to give the lashes more definition and to build the shape of the eye.
• Next, I applied a deep green hue of Giorgio Armani Eye Tint in #4 (at Nordstrom) from the lash line up into the crease. A touch of gold provided dimension and made the eyes really pop. I topped the eyes with two coats of mascara (try Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill Excess Mascara at Nordstrom).
• To finish the look, I applied Giorgio Armani Rouge d’Armani lipstick in #502 (at Giorgio Armani), a sheer pink lip color, to complement the eye and dress. This shade provided a pop of color without overpowering the look.