Julianna’s makeup was done by Molly Stern (OMG), who tried to keep the look modern and fresh.
1. Molly first prepped Julianna’s skin with L’Oréal Paris Revitalift Miracle Blur Finishing Cream to create a soft-focus finish
5. For Julianna’s mother-of-pearl-inspired lids, Molly relied on a combination of soft lavender, violet and peach found in L’Oréal Paris Colour Riche Eye Shadow Quads in “Stacked Heels” and “What Happens in Vegas”
6. Molly defined the lash line by using L’Oréal Paris Voluminous Smoldering Eyeliner in Grey and then added a bit of sparkle by applying (via wet application) L’Oréal Paris Infallible Eye Shadow in Eternal Black
7. She curled her lashes with a Shu Uemura lash curler before applying two coats of L’Oréal Paris Voluminous Mascara
8. Molly created Julianna’s creamy and nude bold pout by using a blend of L’Oréal Paris Color Caresse by Colour Riche Luminous Lipcolour in Sheer Linen and L’Oréal Paris Colour Caresse Wet Shine Stain in Pink Perseverance
Julianna’s hair was styled by Sebastian Scolarici. I couldn’t find a good picture to purchase of the back of her hair (oh yes, this lowly blogger buys these pics to share with you!), but it was very pretty in the back. It is pulled back with a simple head band, but in the back it is really full with some great waves and a ton of volume.
1. Sebastian prepped Julianna’s damp hair with L’Oréal Paris EverStyle Alcohol-Free Volume Boosting Mousse. He also applied the Root Lifting Spray to her roots for targeted volume at the crown
2. After blow-drying smooth with a round-brush, Sebastian separated Julianna’s hair into 5-6 sections and curled individual pieces with a 1-inch-barrel curling iron
3. Each curl was temporarily set in place with a roller pin (while Julianna was in makeup)
4. Post-makeup, hair was released from roller pins and brushed through to create soft waves (versus a tight spiral); Sebastian worked a bit of L’Oréal Paris Smooth Intense Frizz Taming Serum into hair to smooth down any frizzies or flyaways
5. Next, hair was teased at the crown to create high-volume
6. A piece of black satin ribbon was used as a simple and chic headband to separate the look – keeping the front of hair sleek and back of hair voluminous
7. Sebastian finished the look by spraying a generous amount of Elnett Satin Hairspray to lock in her style while leaving hair brushable. “I love that Elnett doesn’t leave a film … especially on dark hair like Julianna’s,” Sebastian says.
Did you see Julianna Margulies at the Golden Globes? I loved her sleek pony tail!