Last week I shared my picks from the infamous Nordstrom Anniversary Sale, which I’m sure you’ve heard about ad nauseam if you follow any bloggers. I’m getting a little sick of it already to tell you the truth. I’m ready for my favorite fashion bloggers to move on to other content already!
Having said that, today 15 Minute Beauty is all about the sale. Ooops! LOL I’ve been getting questions about everything I said I bought in my Instagram stories, so I thought it was easiest to put everything in 1 post.
I placed a big middle of the night order when the sale started (I was at work, I was up to admit a patient… I placed my order then instead of waiting for the morning when I knew Nordstrom’s site would start to crash). Today I’m sharing a few reviews, links are below. I was going to put them in this post but it got to be too much. So, 4 posts today!
First, the all important beauty stock up. There are certain things that I always buy from the Nordstrom sale, and as usual they didn’t disappoint.
I picked up:
• Revitalash: I currently layer it with R+F Lash Boost. I picked up 2 sets, check out my Revitalash review.
• Kate Somerville Exfolikate Cleanser: I don’t use it every day, but I do like to double cleanse with this frequently. Check out my Exfolikate Cleanser review.
• Lancome Bi-Facial Eye Makeup Remover: This huge bottle of my beloved Bi-Facil is no longer an Anniversary Sale exclusive, you can buy it year round, but by habit I buy it during the sale. It came with a travel sized cleanser and travel sized bi-facil.
I also bought:
Bobbi Brown Deluxe Eye & Cheek Set: Check out my review
Tom Ford Iris Bronze Eye & Lip Set: Check out my review
MAC Nordy Girl Matte Face & Eye Set: This set also comes in a metallic version. Check out my review
Clothing and Shoes
I had a great list of items to pick up, but when the sale actually started I realized I should concentrate on replacing some of my basics that are getting worn out first. Other fun items are hanging out in my cart right now, I’m probably going to make a 2nd order soon.
• Tory Burch Marsden Boot: I buy a new pair of Tory Boots every 2 years (that’s how long they last me, I beat them up in the Michigan winters) and this year was a purchase year. The heel is a bit higher than I’m used to, but I’m happy and the quality is just as amazing as it usually is. Worth picking up if you need winter boots.
• Tory Burch Marsden Flat Thong Sandal: I have to admit that I’ve been wanting these Gucci Sandals but I couldn’t justify that cost. So the shape of the Tory Burch sandal is pretty similar, and I already am obsessed with my Tory Burch Miller sandals. The Marsden has more padding in the bed, which was a pleasant surprise. The strap that go across the center of my feet is a bit more constricting that I was expecting, I go back and forth between a size 8 and 8.5 in Tory Burch, I bought 8.5 and could not wear an 8, so size up! I do really like these sandals and I know I’ll wear them a lot the rest of the summer.
• Leith Ribbed Shawl Cocoon Sweater: I own last year’s version of this sweater (the Circle Cardigan) in 3 colors, so I was excited to get this year’s ribbed version. Other than the ribs, I do think the fit of this year’s cardigan is a bit different than last years. The shawl collar on last year’s sweater is rather large, and I tend to have it be very casual and oversized when I wear it. The shawl this year is smaller and the entire cardigan is a bit truer to size. I bought last year’s in my usual Medium, and this year as well. I wouldn’t size down as some have suggested on line. I bought the dark grey which is a super versatile charcoal color and I have the Teal Surf in my cart now.
• Leith Boxy Cardigan: I bought this in pink, because let’s face it, if a clothing item comes in pink I must buy that color. And the 20 pink cardigans I already own are not nearly enough pink cardigans. I bought Large for a slightly oversized fit, I was impressed with the quality and I would suggest buying your normal size. Unless you want it big, then size up like I did.
• Caslon High-Low V-neck Sweater: This is sold out on-line, but if you see it in stores (or if it restocks) it’s great! I like that it is a lightweight knit, it will be perfect for a cool summer night or in the fall. I’m planning to take it to Canada with me later this summer. I bought my usual Medium, it is already slightly oversized.
• Free People January Tee: I own last year’s pink color and I picked up the gray. I have the Ivory in my cart now as well. This is a great shirt that has nice stretch to it and feels super soft! Note that it runs rather large, so size down 1 size.
• Caslon Long Sleeve Scoop Neck Cotton Tee: I bought this shirt in 2 shades and should have bought more. It is super soft and very high quality, I want more to replace all of the rest of my basic long sleeve shirts! It runs small, I sized up from medium to large and it fits perfectly.