This year the first thing I put in my cart from the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale was the Bobbi Brown Deluxe Eye & Cheek Set. I swear every year the Bobbi Brown palettes get better and better from the Nordstrom Sale, and I was particularly excited to see that this year’s palette is compact but has 12 shadows and 4 face powders (blushes and bronzers) making it perfect for travel or to completely revamp your makeup bag with just 1 purchase.
First, you can see that the palette itself is just a simple square. I should have taken a picture of it, but it opens up to have the shadows on 1 side, the face powders on the other, and there’s a “page” in between to separate them, with a good sized mirror on that page.
The palette does come with a pretty metallic rose makeup bag, though I didn’t find this very large. The palette itself fits in there, and maybe a concealer, small foundation and a mascara could be added. The shape is odd to carry around in your purse. I’ll likely use it for jewelry when I travel, I do think it’s a good size and shape for that purpose.
One thing that I like about Bobbi Brown shadows is that the quality is the same whether you’re buying the single shadow pots or big palettes like this. The shadows are not powdery, they blend well and blend nicely. However, I’ve never found Bobbi Brown shadows to be very well pigmented. Here I have swatched them on my arm over the ELF Glitter Primer, which is the eyeshadow primer I always use with Bobbi Brown. With that extra bit of “grab” from a glitter primer the Bobbi Brown shadows have just the right amount of pigment and show up well.
1. Ivory (creamy white matte)
2. Wheat (medium ash beige matte)
3. Moonlight (soft grey silver metallic)
4. Velvet Crush (silver purple mauve shimmer)
5. Spotlight (warm golden champagne metallic)
6. Smoldering (rich purple metallic)
7. Perfect Foil (midtone silver metallic)
8. Slate (medium grey matte)
9. Heather (medium grey violet matte)
10. Woodrose (midtone nude matte)
11. Velvet Plum (black plum shimmer)
12. Espresso (dark chocolate brown matte)
For the face side of the palette, I was really impressed with how large the powders are! They’re basically full sized products, rather than the typical small blushes many compacts have. They’re big enough to use with my regular face brushes and are the same quality that you’ll find in a regular Bobbi Brown product.
1. Bronzing Powder in Medium (medium brown matte)
2. Blush in Nectar (pink coral)
3. Illuminating Bronzing Powder in Golden Pink Highlight
4. Blush in Desert Pink (soft natural pink)
Overall, the quality and versatility of this palette are pretty amazing. I’ll try to showcase some looks with this palette soon, but I wanted to get this review up before it sold out!
You can buy the Bobbi Brown Deluxe Eye & Cheek Set at Nordstrom!
Check out all of my Nordstrom Anniversary Sale Picks, and see my Review of My Nordstrom Anniversary sale purchases.