The MAC palette in this year’s Nordstrom Anniversary Sale actually comes in 2 versions, the MAC Nordy Girl Matte Face & Eye Set and the metallic version. I picked up the Matte set as I liked the look of the shadows the most, and I didn’t think they all looked matte (spoiler alert, they aren’t all matte).
First, I’m not certain why they call this an eye and face set. It has a shadow palette, a “highlighter”, which I actually thought was an eye shadow, an eyeliner and a mascara. I guess there’s the highlighter. Again, I thought it was an eyeshadow because it just isn’t the right shade to be a highlighter. I guess I was confused. I think it is pretty as a shadow!
Included in the set:
10. Modern Twist Kajal Liner in Squid
• In Extreme Dimension Lash Mascara in 3D Black (0.44 oz.)
1. Playing Innocent (muted taupe brown matte)
2. Full Moon (soft gold peach satin shine)
3. Mischief Maker (muted reddish brown matte)
4. Bucket List (soft golden peachy brown matte)
5. Hunny (bronze-dipped peach matte)
6. Cocoa Daze (light reddish brown satin shine)
7. Solid Goldie (true gold with pearl matte)
8. Night Skies (muted blackish brown matte)
9. Highlighter in Champagne & Oysters (gold peach with gold pearl)
As usual, these shadows are well pigmented, not powdery and they blend easily. Without the added eyeliner and mascara this is a good buy. I actually like the shades in this set more than in the Bobbi Brown and Tom Ford sets in this year’s sale, but I think all 3 are a great deal. I have a hard time picking a favorite.