Vitamin C is highly underrated in skincare. For real. It acts as an antioxidant, helps increase collagen production (this is music to my ears as I seem to continually be marching into my 40’s) and it even helps fight hyperpigmentation. I have an entire post about how Vitamin C works in skincare, if you want to learn more about it.
One of the beautiful things about Vitamin C is that it is pregnancy safe. So many of the best skincare ingredients need to be avoided during pregnancy, such as retinoids. Vitamin C fights a lot of common skin issues such as hyperpigmentation, it increases collagen production and prevents skin damage from reactive oxygen species.
I’ll be adding to this list of pregnancy safe Vitamin C products over time, but for now here are a few of my favorites. Before asking about your favorite, product, please check the big brand list of pregnancy safe products. Many comments here are asking for products that are already screened, you will find your answer there much faster.
My current favorite of these products is the Volition Beauty Strawberry-C Serum. It has light hydration and sinks into my skin very quickly! There’s no residue left behind, so it works great under makeup. I apply it nightly for sure, but I’ll use it after spending a couple of hours outside.
Note, the most up to date safety info for these products is always found on their brand pages in the case of a reformulation.
• Avéne A-OXitive Antioxidant Defense Serum
• Biossance Squalane + Vitamin C Rose Oil
• Caudalie Vine[activ] 3-in-1 Vitamin C Anti-Wrinkle Moisturizer
• Derma E Vitamin C Concentrated Serum
• Kate Somerville Mega-C™ Dual Radiance Serum
• Kiehl’s Powerful-Strength Line-Reducing Concentrate
• L’Oreal Revitalift Derm Intensives Vitamin C Serum
• REN Glow Daily Vitamin C Gel Cream
• Tatcha Violet-C Radiance Mask
• Vichy LiftActiv Vitamin C Serum Brightening Skin Corrector
• Volition Beauty Strawberry-C Serum