Vitamin C is highly underrated in skincare. For real. It acts as an antioxidant, helps increase collagen production (this is music to my ears as I seem to continually be marching into my 40’s) and it even helps fight hyperpigmentation. I have an entire post about how Vitamin C works in skincare, if you want to learn more about it.
One of the beautiful things about Vitamin C is that it is pregnancy safe. So many of the best skincare ingredients need to be avoided during pregnancy, such as retinoids. Vitamin C fights a lot of common skin issues such as hyperpigmentation, it increases collagen production and prevents skin damage from reactive oxygen species.
I’ll be adding to this list of pregnancy safe Vitamin C products over time, but for now here are a few of my favorites. You’ll also find options in the big brand list of pregnancy safe products.
My current favorite of these products is the Volition Beauty Strawberry-C Serum. It has light hydration and sinks into my skin very quickly! There’s no residue left behind, so it works great under makeup. I apply it nightly for sure, but I’ll use it after spending a couple of hours outside.
Note, the most up to date safety info for these products is always found on their brand pages in the case of a reformulation.
• Avéne A-OXitive Antioxidant Defense Serum
• Biossance Squalane + Vitamin C Rose Oil
• Caudalie Vine[activ] 3-in-1 Vitamin C Anti-Wrinkle Moisturizer
• Derma E Vitamin C Concentrated Serum
• Kate Somerville Mega-C™ Dual Radiance Serum
• Kiehl’s Powerful-Strength Line-Reducing Concentrate
• L’Oreal Revitalift Derm Intensives Vitamin C Serum
• REN Glow Daily Vitamin C Gel Cream
• Tatcha Violet-C Radiance Mask
• Vichy LiftActiv Vitamin C Serum Brightening Skin Corrector
• Volition Beauty Strawberry-C Serum