Pool day beauty is a bit of a challenge. Sure, you need to slather on lots of sunscreen, but even when I’m in the pool with my family I like to have a little something more! I know I’m not the only one.
Here’s a quick peek at a few of my favorites to help my skin and hair look their best, despite spending almost every afternoon in the pool this summer.
1. Chanel Inimitable Waterproof Mascara: This is seriously the best waterproof mascara ever. I tried pretty much every waterproof mascara out there when we put in our pool, and this one looks the same before and after swimming. It does not budge. Warning, if you rub your eyes when they are wet, your lashes might clump together a bit. But that’s it. I do a lot of hand stands and underwater swimming, I’m not the mom who swims around with her head above the water all the time. This is a must have!
2. Darshana Hair Oil: I’ve mentioned this hair oil treatment before, but it’s always worth mentioning again! We have a salt water pool, but my hair still gets dried out. Especially the ends of my hair. So, I stock up on Darshana at the beginning of the summer.
The directions say to use Darshana for 30 minutes, but this is one of those “the longer the better” things. I put a bit on my towel dried hair after swimming, just working it through with my hands. I concentrate on the ends of my hair, but I do all the way from roots to tips. I work over the sink because I tend to be a bit sloppy with it! Once my hair is oiled, I throw it up in a high bun and go about my business. In the meantime, I enjoy the smell, because this stuff smell like an amazing orange-citrus and I love it!
I usually leave the Darshana in for a few hours (usually later afternoon until after my kids are in bed and I get to take a shower). I’ve left it in overnight many times without an issue, there’s no mess on my pillow! It washes out very easily, and my hair has never been weighed down. What’s changed is that my hair is healthier looking and much silkier. This treatment is definitely worth it!
3. Volition Beauty Strawberry-C Serum: I love using an antioxidant on my skin after I’ve been out in the sun. It will neutralize free radicals, helping to prevent damage. I love that vitamin C also helps with hyperpigmentation and collagen production (more on how vitamin C works in skincare here). I recently included this one in my updated post on the best vitamin C in skincare.
4. Copertone Glow SPF 50 Lotion: I’m a big sunscreen girl, but I love that this has not only SPF 50 but a bit of shimmer! I am a pretty pale girl, and even when I’m “tan” I don’t get much darker. Somehow the bit of shimmer in this sunscreen catches the light just right and makes me glow and look a bit more summery without looking like a disco ball.
5. L’Oreal Paris Summer Belle Glowing Lip Gloss, Sea You Soon: I’ll be sharing more on this collection soon, but L’Oreal and Walmart teamed up for an exclusive summer collection and it is my everything. This gloss has been on my lips constantly! It is just the right lightly tinted pink. It works alone or over something else. It tastes a bit sweet, it isn’t sticky and I want to buy 3 more glosses as a backup.
What beauty items are your pool day favorites?