I’ve been in need of some serious rest and relaxation. It probably comes as no surprise that as a full time ICU doctor and mom, my life can get crazy and hectic. In fact, I’m making some major career changes to make things a bit less crazy and hectic. In celebration of that change, and to take advantage of some much needed time off, my family is currently on a beach vacation! We’ve headed to Maui and Oahu, my 2 favorite islands in Hawaii, for about a week of fun in the sun.
That means I’m using all of my favorite pool time beauty products, but some of the items that I brought with me have really stood out for “I’m so glad I brought that!” I thought I would share!
1. Go by Headzone Travel Mirror: I know I’m not the only one that seems to travel to very dimly lit locations! I swear I stay at nice hotels, but then you head into the bathroom and it’s all mood lighting and putting on makeup (or plucking a stray eyebrow hair) is almost impossible in the dark. This little mirror is definitely the brightest light I’ve ever found in a travel mirror, and it even has adjustable light settings. Want the light a bit cooler? Warmer? Brighter? You can do all of that! I have used this every single day of our trip so far. I’ll definitely be bringing it with me when I travel in the future!
2. Chanel Inimitable Waterproof Mascara: I know I mentioned this mascara in my pool day post, but this really is the best waterproof mascara ever. I like to have a little something on in the pool, and mascara is perfect to make it look like you’re bright eyed and bushy tailed but didn’t try too hard! This mascara looks the same before and after swimming.
For me, a lot of my travel beauty issues revolve around making my skin look just as good as it does at home. My skin looks dull, my pores clog and my skin gets really dry when I travel. My products from home don’t always do the trick either. That moisturizer that is perfect at home doesn’t seem to hydrate enough after 5 hours in an airplane.
3. Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Concentrate: For years I’ve basically refused to travel without this face oil, and for a good reason! This is the super strength moisturizer that really helps my skin after I’ve been on a plane for a few hours. I apply it as part of my night skincare routine after travel. My face only needs a few drops, in the morning I’m refreshed and back to normal! I also apply it to my hands and cuticles, they get very dried out as well.
4. Volition Beauty Strawberry-C Serum: I love using an antioxidant on my skin after I’ve been out in the sun, but that also holds true after being on a plane. It will neutralize free radicals, helping to prevent damage. I love that vitamin C also helps with hyperpigmentation and collagen production (more on how vitamin C works in skincare here).
5. Volition Beauty Turmeric Brightening Polish: Both the plane travel and extra time out in the sun have been drying out my skin. I fully admit that I went through an entire tube of this gentle scrub already! I’ve been using it on my face at night, but also on my entire body in the shower at night. It gets rid of the super dried out areas and really preps my skin for moisture. I’m much softer and more comfortable in my skin after using the Turmeric Brightening Polish. I’m so glad I made extra room in my bag for it!
What beauty products have you loved during your recent travels?