Pregnancy safe beauty products can be super difficult and confusing. I have an entire guide devoted to what products are safe to use while pregnant including information on what ingredients to avoid while pregnant and a huge list of pregnancy safe skincare products. The list has gotten so large that I’ve decided to start listing brands in their own individual posts.
Here you’ll find pregnancy safe products from Skyn Iceland as of 3/12/2020. If it is not safe, I’ll tell you why. All of the products meet my pregnancy safe criteria. If they release a new product that is not listed here, please comment below and I will add it. Note I will link to every product directly to avoid confusion. You’ll know exactly which product I mean.
Please refer to my post on pregnancy safe makeup, where I explain why you don’t need to worry about your mascara, powders, eyeliners, etc.
How to Request a Product Review
I try to review all of the products that I can when I publish a list. Note, I am in the US and I only have access to US products. Please don’t be rude if I skipped your favorite cleanser, when items are out of stock sometimes they aren’t on the brand’s site, or maybe you are in Asia and I am in the US.
I reserve the comments on each post for reviews of product from that brand, this makes it easier for others to find products later. Please only ask about Skyn Iceland on this post, I will delete other product questions. You can find other brands here. If your brand is not included, please ask on the brand list post.
Pregnancy Safe Products from Skyn Iceland
• Arctic Face Oil (at Dermstore)
• Berry Lip Fix (at Dermstore)
• Dissolving Microneedle Eye Patches
• Hydro Cool Firming Eye Gels (at Dermstore)
• Hydro Cool Firming Neck Gels (at Dermstore)
• Icelandic Relief Eye Cream (at Dermstore)
• Icelandic Relief Eye Pen (at Dermstore)
• Icelandic Youth Serum (at Dermstore)
• Micellar Cleansing Water
• Plumping Lip Gels (at Dermstore)
• Pure Cloud Cream (at Dermstore)
• Under Eye Illuminator (at Dermstore)
Not Safe for Pregnancy, Ok for Nursing
• Anti-Blemish Gel: Willow Bark
• Arctic Elixir (at Dermstore): Stem Cells
• Arctic Hydration Rubberizing Mask (at Dermstore): Gluconolactone
• Brightening Eye Serum (at Dermstore): Glycolic Acid
• Fresh Start Mask (at Dermstore): Willow Bark, Glycolic Acid
• Glacial Cleansing Cloths (at Dermstore): Willow Bark
• Glacial Spray Lotion (at Dermstore): Stem Cells
• Hydro Cool Brightening Face Mask (at Dermstore): Licorice Root
• Hydro Cool Firming Face Gels (at Dermstore): Stem Cells
• Nordic Skin Peel (at Dermstore): Willow Bark
• Oxygen Infusion Night Cream (at Dermstore): Willow Bark
• the ANTIDOTE Cooling Daily Lotion (at Dermstore): Willow Bark
Not Safe for Pregnancy or Nursing
Note I’m including products with retinoids here, as those are a bit iffy. It depends on how conservative you want to be while nursing (still absolutely contraindicated while pregnant). Refer to my post on ingredients to avoid while nursing for more discussion. Regarding Bakuchiol, there is no safety data and brands are claiming it “works just like a retinoid”, but I haven’t been able to find anything about how it actually does work. Until I get more info, I’m screening it like a retinoid, the risk is up to you.