Pregnancy safe skincare can be super difficult and confusing. I have an entire guide devoted to what products are safe to use while pregnant including information on what ingredients to avoid while pregnant and a huge list of pregnancy safe skincare products. The list has gotten so large that I’ve decided to start listing brands in their own individual posts.
Here you’ll find every pregnancy safe skincare product from Dr. Jart as of 5/8/2020. If it is not safe, I’ll tell you why. All of the products meet my pregnancy safe criteria. If they release a new product that is not listed here, please comment below and I will add it. Note I will link to every product directly to avoid confusion. You’ll know exactly which product I mean.
How to Request a Product Review
I try to review all of the products that I can when I publish a list. Note, I am in the US and I only have access to US products. Please don’t be rude if I skipped your favorite cleanser, when items are out of stock sometimes they aren’t on the brand’s site, or maybe you are in Asia and I am in the US.
I reserve the comments on each post for reviews of product from that brand, this makes it easier for others to find products later. Please only ask about Dr. Jart on this post, I will delete other product questions. You can find other brands here. If your brand is not included, please ask on the brand list post.
Important Info Re: Dr. Jart
More than any other brand, I have found inconsistencies between the Dr. Jart website and one of their biggest and most reliable retailers (namely, Sephora). Frequently the ingredient lists are different between the 2 sites, and often both are missing key ingredients such as sunscreens when a product is stated to have an SPF. I’ve checked additional sites such as Beauty Bay to locate those missing sunscreen ingredients, and I’m commenting below on which category purchasing from each location will put you in. (Click the product name to go to the brand website, retailers names are linked as well.) I will say that Sephora consistently matches up with the other retailers, I suspect the problem is with the Dr. Jart website as I have found Sephora to be highly reliable for other brand ingredient lists.
This is one of those brands that I would personally veer away from while pregnant due to the ingredient list issues, unless you have the product in hand and can check the ingredient list. I’ve actually taken this list off of the site in the past due to all of these inconsistencies, but I get asked about the products so often that it saves me a lot of time answering questions and explaining to have the list available. So, proceed with caution!
Pregnancy Safe Products from Dr. Jart
• Black Label Detox BB Beauty Balm SPF 25 (at Sephora)
• Ceramidin™ Cream (at Sephora)
• Ceramidin™ Facial Barrier Mask (at Sephora)
• Cicapair™ Tiger Grass Calming Gel Cream (at Sephora)
• Cicapair™ Tiger Grass Calming Mist (at Sephora)
• Cicapair™ Tiger Grass Cream (at Sephora)
• Cicapair™ Tiger Grass Serum (at Sephora)
• Dermaclear™ Micro Foam Cleanser (at Sephora)
• Dermaclear™ Micro Water (at Sephora)
• Dermask™ Brightening Solution (at Sephora)
• Dermask™ Foot Smoothing Mask (at Sephora)
• Dermask™ Hand Hydrating Mask (at Sephora)
• Dermask™ Water Jet Soothing Hydra Solution (at Sephora)
• Focuspot™ Blemish Micro Tip™ Patch with Vitamin B3 (at Sephora)
• Focuspot™ Dark Spot Micro Tip™ Patch (at Sephora)
• Focuspot™ Line & Wrinkle Micro Tip™ Patch (at Sephora)
• Peptidin™ Firming Serum with Energy Peptides (at Sephora)
• Peptidin™ Radiance Serum with Energy Peptides (at Sephora)
• Shake & Shot™ Rubber Brightening Mask (at Sephora)
• Shake & Shot™ Rubber Hydro Mask (at Sephora)
• Shake & Shot™ Rubber Purifying Mask (at Sephora)
• Shake & Shot™ Rubber Soothing Mask (at Sephora)
• V7™ Antioxidant Serum (at Sephora)
Not Safe for Pregnancy, Ok for Nursing
• BB Dis-A-Pore Broad Spectrum SPF 50+ (at Sephora): Chemical Sunscreen
• Ceramidin™ Liquid (at Sephora): Licorice Root
• Cicapair™ Tiger Grass Camo Drops SPF 44 (at Sephora): Salicylate
• Cicapair™ Tiger Grass Color Correcting Treatment SPF30 (at Sephora): This product has different ingredient lists from Sephora and Dr. Jart. At Sephora there is a salicylate and gluconolactone, Dr. Jart has possible stem cells. Neither list has the sunscreen ingredients. Both locations are in this usage category.
• Cryo Rubber™ with Brightening Vitamin C (at Sephora): Licorice Root
• Cryo Rubber™ with Firming Collagen (at Sephora): Licorice Root
• Cryo Rubber™ with Moisturizing Hyaluronic Acid (at Sephora): Licorice Root
• Cryo Rubber™ with Soothing Allantoin (at Sephora): Licorice Root
• Dermaclear™ Micro Milk Peel (at Sephora): Salicylic Acid, Tartaric Acid, Malic Acid
• Dermask™ Intra Jet Firming Solution (at Sephora): Licorice Root
• Dermask™ Intra Jet Wrinkless Solution (at Sephora): Licorice Root
• Dermask™ Micro Jet Clearing Solution (at Sephora): Salicylic Acid
• Dermask™ Ultra Jet Peeling Solution (at Sephora): Salicylic Acid
• Dermask™ Ultra Jet Porecting Solution (at Sephora): Gluconolactone
• Dermask™ Water Jet Vital Hydra Solution (at Sephora): Licorice Root
• Every Sun Day™ Mineral Sunscreen SPF 50+ (at Sephora): Salicylate
• Every Sun Day™ Sun Fluid SPF 50+ (at Sephora): Chemical Sunscreen
• Premium BB Beauty Balm SPF 45 (at Sephora): Chemical Sunscreen
• Teatreement™ Cleansing Foam (at Sephora): Licorice Root, Salicylic Acid
• Teatreement™ Moisturizer (at Sephora): Licorice Root, Salicylic Acid
• Teatreement™ Toner (at Sephora): Licorice Root, Salicylic Acid
• V7™ Priming Moisturizer (at Sephora): Stem Cells
Not Safe for Pregnancy or Nursing
Note I’m including products with retinoids here, as those are a bit iffy. It depends on how conservative you want to be while nursing (still absolutely contraindicated while pregnant). Refer to my post on ingredients to avoid while nursing for more discussion.