Pregnancy safe skincare can be super difficult and confusing. I have an entire guide devoted to what products are safe to use while pregnant including information on what ingredients to avoid while pregnant and a huge list of pregnancy safe skincare products. The list has gotten so large that I’ve decided to start listing brands in their own individual posts.
Here you’ll find pregnancy safe lip products. If it is not safe, I’ll tell you why. All of the products meet my pregnancy safe criteria. If they release a new product that is not listed here, please comment below and I will add it. Note I will link to every product directly to avoid confusion. You’ll know exactly which product I mean.
Please note, it can take up to an hour to review the ingredient lists of each product. I review with my own list of pregnancy safe criteria. I obtain my ingredient lists from the brands and major retailers (typically Nordstrom and Sephora), and I review the US versions. Please do not ask me to re-review the same products over and over, I do not have the time to do so, and many people have been rude about this. For more brands, please head over to the list of pregnancy safe products.
Please refer to the brand posts for the most up to date information on each product.
Pregnancy Safe Drugstore Lipbalms
• Aquaphor Lip Repair
• Blistex Conditioning Lip Serum
• Burt’s Bees Lip Balm: Bees Wax
• Burt’s Bees overnight intensive lip treatment
• ChapStick Total Hydration 3 in 1 Lip Care
• ChapStick Total Hydration Vitamin Enriched Lip Oil Night Serum
• eos Organic Lip Balm, Strawberry Sorbet
• NIVEA Cherry Lip Care
• O’Keeffe’s Original Lip Repair Stick
• Vaseline Lip Therapy, Cocoa Butter
• Vaseline Lip Therapy, Original
• Vaseline Lip Therapy Tinted Lip Balm, Rosy
Not Safe for Pregnancy, Ok for Nursing
• Blistex Lip Vibrance Lip Care Balm, SPF 15: Chemical Sunscreen
• Blistex Medicated Lip Balm SPF 15: Chemical Sunscreen
• Burt’s Bees Lip Balm: Coconut & Pear and Mango (Licorice Root), Pomegranate (Salicylate), Vanilla Bean (Licorice Root)
• Carmex Classic Lip Balm Medicated Sunscreen, SPF 15: Salicylic Acid, Chemical Sunscreen
• ChapStick Skin Protectant Lip Balm SPF 15: Chemical Sunscreen
• Maybelline Baby Lips Moisturizing Lip Balm: Chemical Sunscreen
• Neutrogena Moistureshine Lip Soother Gloss, SPF 20: Chemical Sunscreen
Not Safe for Pregnancy or Nursing
• Banana Boat Sunscreen Lip Balm SPF 45, Aloe Vera & Vitamin E: Chemical Sunscreen, Retinoid