Pregnancy safe skincare can be super difficult and confusing. I have an entire guide devoted to what products are safe to use while pregnant including information on what ingredients to avoid while pregnant and a huge list of pregnancy safe skincare products. The list has gotten so large that I’ve decided to start listing brands in their own individual posts.
Please note, it can take up to an hour to review the ingredient lists of each product. I review with my own list of pregnancy safe criteria. I obtain my ingredient lists from the brands and major retailers (typically Nordstrom and Sephora), and I review the US versions. For more brands, please head over to the list of pregnancy safe products.
How to Request a Product Review
This list is not an exhaustive list of pregnancy safe lip balms. This is a list of products that should be easily found or ordered online, hopefully they will make your life easier!
I have now purposefully turned off the comments on this post. If your product is not here, please look for the brand in my list of brands that I have reviewed for pregnancy and nursing safety. If the brand is listed, ask about your product on the brand page. If not, please ask on the main brand page. Note, the brand pages are usually the most up to date, the round ups do not get updated routinely. So in the case of a conflict, the brand page should win.
Pregnancy Safe Drugstore Lipbalms
• Aquaphor Lip Repair
• Blistex Conditioning Lip Serum
• Burt’s Bees Lip Balm: Bees Wax
• Burt’s Bees overnight intensive lip treatment
• ChapStick Total Hydration 3 in 1 Lip Care
• ChapStick Total Hydration Vitamin Enriched Lip Oil Night Serum
• eos Organic Lip Balm, Strawberry Sorbet
• NIVEA Cherry Lip Care
• O’Keeffe’s Original Lip Repair Stick
• Vaseline Lip Therapy, Cocoa Butter
• Vaseline Lip Therapy, Original
• Vaseline Lip Therapy Tinted Lip Balm, Rosy
Not Safe for Pregnancy, Ok for Nursing
• Blistex Lip Vibrance Lip Care Balm, SPF 15: Chemical Sunscreen
• Blistex Medicated Lip Balm SPF 15: Chemical Sunscreen
• Burt’s Bees Lip Balm: Coconut & Pear and Mango (Licorice Root), Pomegranate (Salicylate), Vanilla Bean (Licorice Root)
• Carmex Classic Lip Balm Medicated Sunscreen, SPF 15: Salicylic Acid, Chemical Sunscreen
• ChapStick Skin Protectant Lip Balm SPF 15: Chemical Sunscreen
• Maybelline Baby Lips Moisturizing Lip Balm: Chemical Sunscreen
• Neutrogena Moistureshine Lip Soother Gloss, SPF 20: Chemical Sunscreen
Not Safe for Pregnancy or Nursing
• Banana Boat Sunscreen Lip Balm SPF 45, Aloe Vera & Vitamin E: Chemical Sunscreen, Retinoid