Pregnancy safe skincare can be super difficult and confusing. I have an entire guide devoted to what products are safe to use while pregnant including information on what ingredients to avoid while pregnant and a huge list of pregnancy safe skincare products. The list has gotten so large that I’ve decided to start listing brands in their own individual posts.
Here you’ll find pregnancy safe products from Earth to Skin as of 9/11/2019. If it is not safe, I’ll tell you why. All of the products meet my pregnancy safe criteria. If they release a new product that is not listed here, please comment below and I will add it. Note I will link to every product directly to avoid confusion. You’ll know exactly which product I mean.
Don’t See Your Product? Read This Before You Ask About It…
Please read the Pregnancy Beauty Guide intro first, where you will learn which products you actually need to worry about (spoiler alert, you don’t need to worry about all makeup or hair products). I will not review products that fall into the “don’t worry about it” categories. If you want to ask about a specific product, I require that you follow these guidelines for asking about pregnancy/nursing safety. You can also learn more about how to use these pregnancy safety lists. I will delete questions that don’t follow the guidelines or are rude.
Pregnancy Safe Products from Earth to Skin
• Honey Manuka All Over Serum
• Honey Manuka Calming Night Cream
• Honey Royal Jelly Sheet Masks
• Super Fruits Banana Brightening Eye Cream
• Super Fruits Blueberry Exfoliating Cleanser
• Super Fruits Brightening Citrus Day Cream
• Super Fruits Watermelon All Over Serum
• Super Fruits Watermelon Sheet Masks
• Super Greens Nourishing All Over Serum
• Super Greens Nourishing Day Gel Cream
• Super Greens Nourishing Night Gel Cream
• Tea Time Anti Aging All Over Serum
• Tea Time Anti Aging Eye Cream
• Tea Time Anti Aging Face Cleanser
• Tea Time Anti Aging Sheet Masks
• Tea Time Anti Aging White Tea Day Cream
Not Safe for Pregnancy, Ok for Nursing
• Honey Manuka Calming Day Gel Cream: Licorice Root
• Honey Manuka Calming Face Cleanser: Chemical Sunscreen
• Honey Manuka Calming Face Toner: Chemical Sunscreen
• Honey Royal Jelly Calming Eye Cream: Licorice Root
• Super Fruits Avocado Overnight Mask: Chemical Sunscreen
• Super Greens Cucumber Jelly Mask: Chemical Sunscreen
• Super Greens Green Pumpkin Enzyme Peel: Chemical Sunscreen
• Super Greens Nourishing Eye Cream: Licorice Root
• Super Greens Nourishing Face Cleanser: Chemical Sunscreen
• Tea Time Anti Aging Face Toner: Chemical Sunscreen
• Tea Time Anti Aging Night Cream: Licorice Root
Not Safe for Pregnancy or Nursing
Note I’m including products with retinoids here, as those are a bit iffy. It depends on how conservative you want to be while nursing (still absolutely contraindicated while pregnant). Refer to my post on ingredients to avoid while nursing for more discussion.
There isn’t info out there on the safety of Cannabis used topically during pregnancy or nursing. We do know smoking marijuana with THC has bad effects and should be avoided, though it hasn’t been fully decided if it is just the THC or something else as well.
Note that in theory Hemp and CBD do not have THC in them, it’s breed out of the plant is the official status. However, depending upon how it was processed many CBD oils will test positive for THC. But there are still the unknowns we haven’t decided about. I would not recommend using Hemp or Cannabis products while nursing or pregnant for that reason.