Pregnancy safe beauty products can be super difficult and confusing. I have an entire guide devoted to what products are safe to use while pregnant including information on what ingredients to avoid while pregnant and a huge list of pregnancy safe skincare products. The list has gotten so large that I’ve decided to start listing brands in their own individual posts.
Here you’ll find pregnancy safe products from Luzern as of 3/9/2020. If it is not safe, I’ll tell you why. All of the products meet my pregnancy safe criteria. If they release a new product that is not listed here, please comment below and I will add it. Note I will link to every product directly to avoid confusion. You’ll know exactly which product I mean.
Please refer to my post on pregnancy safe makeup, where I explain why you don’t need to worry about your mascara, powders, eyeliners, etc.
Please note, it can take up to an hour to review the ingredient lists of each product. I review with my own list of pregnancy safe criteria. I obtain my ingredient lists from the brands and major retailers (typically Nordstrom and Sephora), and I review the US versions. Please do not ask me to re-review the same products over and over, I do not have the time to do so, and many people have been rude about this. For more brands, please head over to the list of pregnancy safe products.
Pregnancy Safe Products from Luzern
• L’Essentials Lip Enhancing Treatment
• L’Essentials Micro-Exfoliant
• L’Essentials Pure Cleansing Crème
• Nuit Hydra Cleansing Emulsion
• Serum Absolut The Replenishing Oil
• Serum Absolut The Sublime Oil
• Serum Absolut V15
Not Safe for Pregnancy, Ok for Nursing
• Force de Vie Crème Intensive: Willow Bark
• Force De Vie Pure Oxygen Crème Luxe: Willow Bark
• Force De Vie Pure Oxygen Eye Contour Crème: Willow Bark
• Force De Vie Pure Oxygen Lotion: Willow Bark
• Force De Vie Pure Oxygen Mattifying Gel: Willow Bark, Licorice Root,
• La Defense Mineral Sunscreen SPF 30: Gluconolactone, Licorice Root
• La Defense Urban Protect Daily Moisturizer: Willow Bark
• La Defense Urban Protect Detox Masque: Willow Bark
• La Defense Urban Protect Mineral BB Creme SPF 20: Licorice Root
• L’Essentials Au Vin Exfoliating Peel Treatment Pads: Gluconolactone, Willow Bark
• L’Essentials Balancing Essence Exfoliating Pre-Serum Treatment: Willow Bark
• L’Essentials Hydrating Essence Pre-Serum Treatment: Willow Bark
• L’essentials Micellar Cleansing Water: Willow Bark
• L’Essentials Pure Cleansing Gelee: Gluconolactone
• Nuit Eye Masque: Licorice Root
• Nuit Hydra Enzyme Masque: Licorice Root
• Serum Absolut Clarify: Willow Bark, Gluconolactone
• Serum Absolut Firming Collagen Booster: Willow Bark, Gluconolactone
• Serum Absolut Luminous: Willow Bark, Gluconolactone, Licorice Root
• Serum Absolut Recovery: Willow Bark, Licorice Root
• Serum Absolut Rehydrate Moisture Enhancing Serum: Gluconolactone
• Serum Absolut WE3: Gluconolactone, Willow Bark, Stem Cells
Not Safe for Pregnancy or Nursing
Note I’m including products with retinoids here, as those are a bit iffy. It depends on how conservative you want to be while nursing (still absolutely contraindicated while pregnant). Refer to my post on ingredients to avoid while nursing for more discussion.
There isn’t info out there on the safety of Cannabis used topically during pregnancy or nursing. We do know smoking marijuana with THC has bad effects and should be avoided, though it hasn’t been fully decided if it is just the THC or something else as well.
Note that in theory Hemp and CBD do not have THC in them, it’s breed out of the plant is the official status. However, depending upon how it was processed many CBD oils will test positive for THC. But there are still the unknowns we haven’t decided about. I would not recommend using Hemp or Cannabis products while nursing or pregnant for that reason.
• Nuit Retinol Crème Intensive: Retinoids
• Nuit Retinol Crème Luxe: Retinoids
• Nuit Retinol Neck & Décolleté: Retinoid, Stem Cells
• System O2 Infuse Mask – Brightening: Retinoid, Willow Bark, Licorice Root, Arbutin
• System O2 Infuse Firming Mask: Retinoid, Willow Bark