Pregnancy safe beauty products can be super difficult and confusing. I have an entire guide devoted to what products are safe to use while pregnant including information on what ingredients to avoid while pregnant and a huge list of pregnancy safe skincare products. The list has gotten so large that I’ve decided to start listing brands in their own individual posts.
Here you’ll find pregnancy safe products from Rodial as of 3/8/2020. If it is not safe, I’ll tell you why. All of the products meet my pregnancy safe criteria. If they release a new product that is not listed here, please comment below and I will add it. Note I will link to every product directly to avoid confusion. You’ll know exactly which product I mean.
Please refer to my post on pregnancy safe makeup, where I explain why you don’t need to worry about your mascara, powders, eyeliners, etc.
How to Request a Product Review
I try to review all of the products that I can when I publish a list. Note, I am in the US and I only have access to US products. Please don’t be rude if I skipped your favorite cleanser, when items are out of stock sometimes they aren’t on the brand’s site, or maybe you are in Asia and I am in the US.
I reserve the comments on each post for reviews of product from that brand, this makes it easier for others to find products later. Please only ask about Rodial on this post, I will delete other product questions. You can find other brands here. If your brand is not included, please ask on the brand list post.
Pregnancy Safe Products from Rodial
• Banana Low Lighter
• Collagen 30% Booster Drops
• Collagen Boost Lip Lacquer
• Diamond Foundation
• Diamond Liquid Concealer
• Dragon’s Blood Chin and Decollete Gel
• Dragon’s Blood Cleansing Water
• Dragon’s Blood Essence
• Dragon’s Blood Eye Gel
• Dragon’s Blood Hyaluronic Mask
• Dragon’s Blood Neck and Decollete Gel
• Dragon’s Blood Sculpting Gel
• Eye Scuplt
• Lash and Brow Booster Serum
• Pink Diamond Cleansing Balm
• Rose Gold Deep Line Filler
• Rose Gold Moisturizer
• Rose Gold Serum
• SPF20 Skin Tint
• Snake Eye Cream
• Snake Serum O2
• Rodial Soft Focus Glow Drops
• Suede Lips
• Vitamin C Cellulose Sheet Mask
• Vitamin C Drops
Not Safe for Pregnancy, Ok for Nursing
• Bee Venom 24 Carat Gold Super Essence: Gluconolactone
• Bee Venom Moisturizer: Stem Cells
• Bee Venom and Placenta 24 Carat Gold Ultimate Crème: Stem Cells
• Dragon’s Blood Lip Masks: Licorice Root
• Glycolic 10% Booster Drops: Glycolic Acid
• Vitamin C Brightening Cleanser: Glycolic Acid
• Vitamin C Brightening Pads: Glycolic Acid, Salicylic Acid
• Vitamin C Glow Tonic: Glycolic Acid, Salicylic Acid
• Vitamin C SPF Moisturizer: Chemical Sunscreen
Not Safe for Pregnancy or Nursing
Note I’m including products with retinoids here, as those are a bit iffy. It depends on how conservative you want to be while nursing (still absolutely contraindicated while pregnant). Refer to my post on ingredients to avoid while nursing for more discussion.
There isn’t info out there on the safety of Cannabis used topically during pregnancy or nursing. We do know smoking marijuana with THC has bad effects and should be avoided, though it hasn’t been fully decided if it is just the THC or something else as well.
Note that in theory Hemp and CBD do not have THC in them, it’s breed out of the plant is the official status. However, depending upon how it was processed many CBD oils will test positive for THC. But there are still the unknowns we haven’t decided about. I would not recommend using Hemp or Cannabis products while nursing or pregnant for that reason.
The products below have a new/novel ingredient for brightening the skin/treating hyperpigmentation (Dimethylmethoxy Chromanyl Palmitate). It works via a very similar mechanism to hydroquinone, which is recommended for avoidance in both pregnancy and nursing. I can not find any safety date for this ingredient. I would likely avoid it during pregnancy and nursing for this reason, but the decision is up to you. I have also mentioned additional ingredients of concern below.
• Pink Diamond Instant Lifting Serum
• Pink Diamond Magic Gel
• Pink Diamond Magic Night Gel: Retinoid