Pregnancy safe beauty products can be super difficult and confusing. I have an entire guide devoted to what products are safe to use while pregnant including information on what ingredients to avoid while pregnant and a huge list of pregnancy safe skincare products. The list has gotten so large that I’ve decided to start listing brands in their own individual posts.
Here you’ll find pregnancy safe products from Cosmedix as of 3/11/2020. If it is not safe, I’ll tell you why. All of the products meet my pregnancy safe criteria. If they release a new product that is not listed here, please comment below and I will add it. Note I will link to every product directly to avoid confusion. You’ll know exactly which product I mean.
Please refer to my post on pregnancy safe makeup, where I explain why you don’t need to worry about your mascara, powders, eyeliners, etc.
How to Request a Product Review
I try to review all of the products that I can when I publish a list. Note, I am in the US and I only have access to US products. Please don’t be rude if I skipped your favorite cleanser, when items are out of stock sometimes they aren’t on the brand’s site, or maybe you are in Asia and I am in the US.
I reserve the comments on each post for reviews of product from that brand, this makes it easier for others to find products later. Please only ask about Cosmedix on this post, I will delete other product questions. You can find other brands here. If your brand is not included, please ask on the brand list post.
Pregnancy Safe Products from Cosmedix
• Affirm Antioxidant Firming Serum
• Benefit Balance Antioxidant Infused Toning Mist
• Bio-Shape Firming Face Mask
• CPR Skin Recovery Serum
• Detox Activated Charcoal Mask
• Enhance Lip-Plumping Mask
• Humidify Deep Moisture Cream
• Hydrate+ Broad Spectrum SPF 17 Moisturizing Sunscreen
• Lumi Crystal Liquid Crystal Lip Hydrator
• Micro Defense Microbiome Sheet Mask Set
• Mystic Hydrating Treatment
• Opti Crystal Liquid Crystal Eye Serum
• Polish Dual-Action Body Scrub
• Protect UV Broad Spectrum SPF 30 Moisturizing Spray
• Pure C Vitamin C Mixing Crystals
• Purity Clean Exfoliating Cleanser
• Purity Solution Nourishing Deep Cleansing Oil
• Reboot Overnight Hydration Complex
• Remedy Omega-Complex Treatment Oil
• Replenish Intensely Nourishing Hand Treatment
Not Safe for Pregnancy, Ok for Nursing
• Benefit Gentle Cleanser: Gluconolactone
• Cell ID Nutritive Defense Serum: Gluconolactone
• Clarify Salicylic Acid Foaming Cleanser: Salicylic Acid
• Clear Deep Cleansing Mask: Salicylic Acid
• Defy Triple Hydroxy Acid Age-Defying Treatment: Tartaric Acid, Malic Acid
• Emulsion Intense Hydrator: Gluconolactone
• Glow Bamboo Brightening Mask: Gluconolactone
• Peptide-Rich Defense Moisturizer with Broad Spectrum SPF 50 Sunscreen: Chemical Sunscreens
• Phytoclear Clarifying Moisturizer: Gluconolactone
• Phytoharmony Balancing Moisturizer: Gluconolactone
• Pure Enzymes Cranberry Exfoliating Mask: Gluconolactone
• Purity Balance Exfoliating Prep Toner: Salicylic Acid
• Purity Detox Scrub: Salicylic Acid
• Radiance Age Restorative Serum: Gluconolactone
• Rescue Intense Hydrating Balm & Mask: Mandelic Acid
• Shineless Oil-Free Moisturizer: Stem Cells
• Simply Brilliant 24/7 Brightening Serum: Salicylic Acid, Licorice Root, Gluconolactone
• Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster: Gluconolactone
Not Safe for Pregnancy or Nursing
Note I’m including products with retinoids here, as those are a bit iffy. It depends on how conservative you want to be while nursing (still absolutely contraindicated while pregnant). Refer to my post on ingredients to avoid while nursing for more discussion.
There isn’t info out there on the safety of Cannabis used topically during pregnancy or nursing. We do know smoking marijuana with THC has bad effects and should be avoided, though it hasn’t been fully decided if it is just the THC or something else as well.
Note that in theory Hemp and CBD do not have THC in them, it’s breed out of the plant is the official status. However, depending upon how it was processed many CBD oils will test positive for THC. But there are still the unknowns we haven’t decided about. I would not recommend using Hemp or Cannabis products while nursing or pregnant for that reason.
• A-Lift Overnight Vitamin A Body Treatment: Retinoid, Gluconolactone
• Clarity Skin-Clarifying Serum: Salicylic Acid, Retinoid
• Define Age-Defying Treatment with Hydroxy Acids & Retinol: Retinoid, Malic Acid, Tartaric Acid
• Eye GeniusBrilliant Eye Complex: Retinoid
• Illuminate & Lift Neck & Décolleté Treatment: Retinoid, Salicylic Acid
• Refine Plus High-Potency Refinishing Treatment: Retinoid
• Refine Refinishing Treatment: Retinoid
• Restore Moisture-Rich Mask: Retinoid
• Serenity CBD Targeted Relief Rollerball: Hemp
• Serum 16 Rapid Renewal Serum: Retinoid