Pregnancy safe beauty products can be super difficult and confusing. I have an entire guide devoted to what products are safe to use while pregnant including information on what ingredients to avoid while pregnant and a huge list of pregnancy safe skincare products. The list has gotten so large that I’ve decided to start listing brands in their own individual posts.
Here you’ll find pregnancy safe products from DermaDoctor as of 2/19/2020. If it is not safe, I’ll tell you why. All of the products meet my pregnancy safe criteria. If they release a new product that is not listed here, please comment below and I will add it. Note I will link to every product directly to avoid confusion. You’ll know exactly which product I mean.
Don’t See Your Product? Read This Before You Ask About It…
Please read the Pregnancy Beauty Guide intro first, where you will learn which products you actually need to worry about (spoiler alert, you don’t need to worry about all makeup or hair products). I will not review products that fall into the “don’t worry about it” categories. If you want to ask about a specific product, I require that you follow these guidelines for asking about pregnancy/nursing safety. You can also learn more about how to use these pregnancy safety lists. I will delete questions that don’t follow the guidelines or are rude.
Pregnancy Safe Products from DermaDoctor
• Calm Cool & Corrected
• Calm, Cool & Corrected® Tranquility Cleanser for Seborrheic Dermatitis & Dandruff
• DD Cream Dermatologically Defining BB Cream Broad Spectrum SPF 30
• Kakadu C™ Eye Soufflé
• Kakadu C™ Face Crème
• Kakadu C™ High Potency Evening Oil
• Kakadu C ™ Serum
• MED e TATE antiperspirant wipes
• Total Nonscents® Ultra-Gentle Brightening Antiperspirant
• Wrinkle Revenge Rescue & Protect Facial Cream
• Wrinkle Revenge® Ultimate Hyaluronic Serum
Not Safe for Pregnancy, Ok for Nursing
• Ain’t Misbehavin’® Healthy Toner with Glycolic & Lactic Acid: Glycolic Acid
• Ain’t Misbehavin’® Intensive 10% Sulfur Acne Mask & Emergency Spot Treatment: Willow Bark
• Ain’t Misbehavin’ Medicated Acne Control Serum: Salicylic Acid
• Ain’t Misbehavin’® Medicated AHA/BHA Acne Cleanser: Glycolic Acid
• Kakadu C™ Amethyst Clay Detox Mask: Malic Acid
• Kakadu C™ Intensive Vitamin C Peel Pads with Ferulic Acid & Vitamin E: Glycolic Acid, Mandelic Acid, Malic Acid, Willow Bark
• KP Duty® Body Scrub: Glycolic Acid, Willow Bark
• KP Duty® High Potency Daily Body Peel: Glycolic Acid, Malic Acid, Salicylic Acid, Tartaric Acid, Willow Bark, Mandelic Acid
• KP Duty® Lotion: Glycolic Acid
• Photo Dynamic Therapy® 3–in–1 Facial Lotion With Broad Spectrum SPF 30: Chemical Sunscreen, Salicylate
• Photo Dynamic Therapy Energizing Eye Renewal Cream: Chemical Sunscreen
• Wrinkle Revenge® Antioxidant Enhanced Glycolic Acid Facial Cleanser: Glycolic Acid
Not Safe for Pregnancy or Nursing
Note I’m including products with retinoids here, as those are a bit iffy. It depends on how conservative you want to be while nursing (still absolutely contraindicated while pregnant). Refer to my post on ingredients to avoid while nursing for more discussion.
There isn’t info out there on the safety of Cannabis used topically during pregnancy or nursing. We do know smoking marijuana with THC has bad effects and should be avoided, though it hasn’t been fully decided if it is just the THC or something else as well.
Note that in theory Hemp and CBD do not have THC in them, it’s breed out of the plant is the official status. However, depending upon how it was processed many CBD oils will test positive for THC. But there are still the unknowns we haven’t decided about. I would not recommend using Hemp or Cannabis products while nursing or pregnant for that reason.