Pregnancy safe beauty products can be super difficult and confusing. I have an entire guide devoted to what products are safe to use while pregnant including information on what ingredients to avoid while pregnant and a huge list of pregnancy safe skincare products. The list has gotten so large that I’ve decided to start listing brands in their own individual posts.
Here you’ll find pregnancy safe products from Alterna as of 4/1/2020. If it is not safe, I’ll tell you why. All of the products meet my pregnancy safe criteria. If they release a new product that is not listed here, please comment below and I will add it. Note I will link to every product directly to avoid confusion. You’ll know exactly which product I mean.
Don’t See Your Product? Read This Before You Ask About It…
Please read the Pregnancy Beauty Guide intro first, where you will learn which products you actually need to worry about (spoiler alert, you don’t need to worry about all makeup or hair products). I will not review products that fall into the “don’t worry about it” categories. If you want to ask about a specific product, I require that you follow these guidelines for asking about pregnancy/nursing safety. You can also learn more about how to use these pregnancy safety lists. I will delete questions that don’t follow the guidelines or are rude.
Pregnancy Safe Products from Alterna
• CAVIAR Anti-Aging® Clinical Densifying Scalp Treatment
• CAVIAR Anti-Aging® Clinical Densifying Styling Mousse
• CAVIAR Anti-Aging® Infinite Color Hold Shampoo (at Sephora)
• CAVIAR Anti-Aging® Multiplying Volume Shampoo (at Sephora)
• CAVIAR Anti-Aging® Multiplying Volume Styline Mist
• CAVIAR Anti-Aging® Multiplying Volume Styline Mousse
• CAVIAR Anti-Aging® Professional Styling Invisible Roller Spray
• CAVIAR Anti-Aging® Professional Styling Sea Chic Foam
• CAVIAR Anti-Aging® Replenishing Moisture Shampoo (at Sephora)
• CAVIAR Anti-Aging® Restructuring Bond Repair Shampoo (at Sephora)
• CAVIAR Anti-Aging® Sheer Dry Shampoo Powder Spray (at Sephora)
• CAVIAR Anti-Aging® Smoothing Anti-Frizz Shampoo (at Sephora)
Not Safe for Pregnancy, Ok for Nursing
Not Safe for Pregnancy or Nursing
Note I’m including products with retinoids here, as those are a bit iffy. It depends on how conservative you want to be while nursing (still absolutely contraindicated while pregnant). Refer to my post on ingredients to avoid while nursing for more discussion.