You know those Favorite Beauty Products of Beauty Experts posts that I do? I fully admit that my favorite part is seeing which makeup shades people use. On Pinterest, I can look at the images of palettes people put together for hours (oooh, you added Shroom?) So, I’ve decided to ask the biggest experts out there, makeup artists, which products are the ones that they seem to return to over and over. Which are the most versatile, work best for brides, or seem to be so basic that everyone should own them?
1. MAC Mineralize Powders in “Light, Medium Dark, and Dark” are amazing when used to set your liquid foundations. They provide the Powder finish without the Powdery look.
2. Body Bling by Scott Barnes, is an all time favorite. This luminizer can be used anywhere on the body providing a perfect glow. Try mixing it with your foundation, all you need is a small amount to make a big difference. Comes in one shade.
3. MAC LIPMIX these fun lip pigments come in several shades from Blue, Black, Yellow, White to Red. Wear alone for a matte finish, or add a gloss.
4. MAC Eyeshadow • Brule is an everyday go to, to highlight the brow bone and any other part of the eye. Can also be used as a base coat shadow.
• Embark is a beautiful brown shade with a hint of red. Great for a natural eye, or can be used along with darker colors to neutralize the look.
• Shadowy Lady is a purple mauve color, I use this shadow to create that perfect smokey eye.
• Carbon is a matte black, that can be used along with other shadows to finish off a smokey eye, or wet your eyeliner brush run it along the Carbon shadow and use as an eyeliner.
5. Chanel Rouge Allure in “67 Excessive”, a beautiful shade of red, great year around.
6. Guelain Kiss Kiss Pure Comfort Lipstick in “131 Prune” is a perfect Prune color for those of us that like to go bold with the lips.
7. Maybelline New York Dream Bouncy Blush in (20 Peach Satin) is light weight like a powder but goes onto skin like a cream giving a beautiful glow.
Mikki Farrar is a 15 year veteran of the beauty industry. Mikki is a TV/Film makeup artist and continues to work at Turner Networks, Discovery Channel, Weather Channel, HGTV, Bravo and VH1.