As a makeup artist and skin care professional, I adhere to two principles: using wholesome, nourishing and high-quality makeup and practicing a good skin care regimen. I love using Youngblood Mineral Cosmetics and medical-grade skin care products—such as MD Forte’, Vivite, Revision and Jan Marini. Healthy, glowing skin creates the perfect canvas for flawless makeup application.
Following are my 10 favorite products. Unless noted, shades must be matched to the individual
1. Mineral Primer: A colorless base that helps enhance the performance of your foundation throughout the day. Fills in fine lines and pores to create an even surface for foundation application.
2. Ultimate Concealer. A lightweight concealer that does everything from hiding blemishes and discoloration to brightening the under eye area.
3. Natural Mineral Foundation. An ultra-fine, luxurious foundation that provides great coverage and soft radiance.
4. Brow Artiste. Perfectly groomed brows frame the face, bring forward the eyes and help complete your look. Comes in multiple shades that are matched to the individual, but the Brunette shade is the most versatile.
5. Luminous Cream Blush. An oil-free, textured blush that gives a subtle, yet radiant, glow. Favorite shade: Pink Cashmere.
6. Pressed Mineral Eye Shadow Quad. Eye shadow quad in Vintage is a beautiful array of deep purple shades. A rich purple shade is the perfect blend of blue and red, which compliments everyone and is a dynamic color for day or night.
7. Eye Illuminating Duo Pencil. A multipurpose pencil designed to accentuate, brighten and reflect light for gorgeous, radiant skin.
8. Hi-Def Translucent Setting Powder. Sets your foundation and keeps your face looking flawless all day.
9. Sheer Lipgloss. Adds shine to lips while keeping them soft and subtle. Favorite shade: Reflection.
10. Outrageous Lashes Mineral Lengthening Mascara. A conditioning and “volumizing” mascara that creates outrageously long, thick lashes. Favorite shade: Blackout
Selecting the perfect shade of makeup is essential for a natural, beautiful look, and I highly encourage women to meet with a professional makeup artist to learn the best match for their skin tone and hair color.
Sona Martinez is a licensed Master Cosmetologist and has worked as a freelance hair and make-up artist for over nine years. Her work includes professional photo shoots, commercial and video production, print advertising, and fashion editorials. Although she maintains a clientele list across the nation, she is primarily based at About Face Skin Care in Snellville, GA.