Pregnancy safe skincare can be super difficult and confusing. I have an entire guide devoted to what products are safe to use while pregnant including information on what ingredients to avoid while pregnant and a huge list of pregnancy safe skincare products. The list has gotten so large that I’ve decided to start listing brands in their own individual posts.
Here you’ll find pregnancy safe products from St. Ives as of 7/19/2019. If it is not safe, I’ll tell you why. All of the products meet my pregnancy safe criteria. If they release a new product that is not listed here, please comment below and I will add it. Note I will link to every product directly to avoid confusion. You’ll know exactly which product I mean.
How to Request a Product Review
I try to review all of the products that I can when I publish a list. Note, I am in the US and I only have access to US products. Please don’t be rude if I skipped your favorite cleanser, when items are out of stock sometimes they aren’t on the brand’s site, or maybe you are in Asia and I am in the US.
I reserve the comments on each post for reviews of product from that brand, this makes it easier for others to find products later. Please only ask about St. Ives on this post, I will delete other product questions. You can find other brands here. If your brand is not included, please ask on the brand list post.
Pregnancy Safe Products from St. Ives
• Cleansing Stick Apricot & Manuka Honey
• Cleansing Stick Cactus Water & Hibiscus
• Cleansing Stick Matcha Green Tea & Ginger
• Cleansing Stick Rose Water and Bamboo
• Energizing Coconut & Coffee Scrub
• Exfoliate & Nourish Coconut Oil Scrub
• Face Mist Energizing Orange
• Face Mist Happy Grapefruit
• Face Mist Relaxing Lavender
• Fresh Skin Apricot Scrub
• Gentle Smoothing Oatmeal Face Scrub and Mask
• Glowing Sheet Mask Apricot
• Hydrating Vitamin E and Avocado Body Lotion
• Radiant Skin Pink Lemon and Mandarin Orange Face Scrub
• Renewing Collagen & Elastin Body Lotion
• Renewing Elastin & Collagen Moisturizer
• Repairing Cranberry & Grapeseed Oil Body Lotion
• Revitalizing Acai, Blueberry, and Chia Seed Oil Body Lotion
• Revitalizing Sheet Mask Acai, Blueberry & Chia Seed Oil
• Softening Coconut & Orchid Body Lotion
• Soothing Oatmeal & Shea Butter Body Lotion
Not Safe for Pregnancy, Ok for Nursing
Not Safe for Pregnancy or Nursing
Note I’m including products with retinoids here, as those are a bit iffy. It depends on how conservative you want to be while nursing (still absolutely contraindicated while pregnant). Refer to my post on ingredients to avoid while nursing for more discussion.
There isn’t info out there on the safety of Cannabis used topically during pregnancy or nursing. We do know smoking marijuana with THC has bad effects and should be avoided, though it hasn’t been fully decided if it is just the THC or something else as well.
Note that in theory Hemp and CBD do not have THC in them, it’s breed out of the plant is the official status. However, depending upon how it was processed many CBD oils will test positive for THC. But there are still the unknowns we haven’t decided about. I would not recommend using Hemp or Cannabis products while nursing or pregnant for that reason.