Pregnancy safe skincare can be super difficult and confusing. I have an entire guide devoted to what products are safe to use while pregnant including information on what ingredients to avoid while pregnant and a huge list of pregnancy safe skincare products. The list has gotten so large that I’ve decided to start listing brands in their own individual posts.
Here you’ll find pregnancy safe products from Palmer’s as of 7/19/2019. If it is not safe, I’ll tell you why. All of the products meet my pregnancy safe criteria. If they release a new product that is not listed here, please comment below and I will add it. Note I will link to every product directly to avoid confusion. You’ll know exactly which product I mean.
Please check this list carefully for your product. All of Palmer’s products have long names that I’ve noticed can be a bit different depending upon the store. Click around a bit to find your exact product, I promise I have included all of the Palmer’s products in the US that I could find! As a tip, look for the name with everything after Palmer’s. Not all of the products say Cocoa Butter on them, that’s just one of the product lines. Those products are so popular that many people think the Cocoa Butter is part of the brand name.
Please note, it can take up to an hour to review the ingredient lists of each product. I review with my own list of pregnancy safe criteria. I obtain my ingredient lists from the brands and major retailers (typically Nordstrom and Sephora), and I review the US versions. Please do not ask me to re-review the same products over and over, I do not have the time to do so, and many people have been rude about this. For more brands, please head over to the list of pregnancy safe products.
Pregnancy Safe Products from Palmer’s
• Cocoa Butter Exfoliating Facial Scrub
• Cocoa Butter Formula Cream Soap
• Cocoa Butter Formula Daily Skin Therapy 24 Hour Moisture Original Solid
• Cocoa Butter Formula Deep Radiance Gel Oil Moisturizer
• Cocoa Butter Formula Firming Butter
• Cocoa Butter Formula Lightly Scented Fast Absorbing With Vitamin E Moisturizing Body Oil
• Cocoa Butter Formula Nursing Butter
• Cocoa Butter Formula Skin Therapy Oil, Rosehip Fragrance
• Cocoa Butter Formula Soothing Oil
• Cocoa Butter Formula Tummy Butter
• Cocoa Butter Formula with Vitamin E
• Cocoa Butter Formula with Vitamin E Bust Cream
• Cocoa Butter Formula with Vitamin E Fragrance Free Lotion
• Cocoa Butter Formula with Vitamin E Massage Lotion for Stretch Marks
• Cocoa Butter Formula With Vitamin E Skin Therapy Oil
• Cocoa Butter Swivel Stick
• Coconut Oil Body Cream
• Coconut Oil Body Lotion
• Coconut Oil Formula Coconut Oil Body Oil
• Coconut Oil Formula with Vitamin E Coconut Oil Anti-Oxidant Firming Lotion
• Coconut Oil Formula with Vitamin E Coconut Oil Body Lotion
• Coconut Oil with Vitamin E Luminous Hydration Facial Oil
Not Safe for Pregnancy, Ok for Nursing
• Cocoa Butter Formula Daily Facial Lotion: Chemical Sunscreen, Salicylate
• Cocoa Butter Formula with Vitamin E Eventone Dark Spot Correcting Cleanser: Licorice Root
• Cocoa Butter Formula Massage Cream for Stretch Marks: Salicylate
• Cocoa Butter Formula Skin Perfecting Moisturizing Day Cream With SPF 15: Chemical Sunscreen, Salicylate
• Eventone Suncare Moisturizing Sunscreen 30 SPF: Chemical Sunscreen
• Raw Shea Lotion: Salicylate
• Shea Butter Formula: Salicylate
• Shea Butter Formula Balm: Salicylate
Not Safe for Pregnancy or Nursing
Note I’m including products with retinoids here, as those are a bit iffy. It depends on how conservative you want to be while nursing (still absolutely contraindicated while pregnant). Refer to my post on ingredients to avoid while nursing for more discussion.
There isn’t info out there on the safety of Cannabis used topically during pregnancy or nursing. We do know smoking marijuana with THC has bad effects and should be avoided, though it hasn’t been fully decided if it is just the THC or something else as well. Note Hemp does not have THC in it, it’s breed out of the plant basically. But there are still the unknowns we haven’t decided about. I would not recommend using Hemp or Cannabis products while nursing or pregnant for that reason.
• Cocoa Butter Formula with Vitamin E 24 Hour Moisture Concentrated Cream: Retinoid
• Cocoa Butter with Vitamin E Skin Therapy Oil for Face: Retinoid
• Cocoa Butter Eventone Fade Cream: Retinoid, Hydroquinone, Chemical Sunscreen, Licorice Root
• Cocoa Butter Formula Night Renewal Cream: Retinoid, Salicylate
• Skin Success Anti-Dark Spot Dark Spot Corrector Fade Serum For ALL Skin Types: Hydroquinone, Chemical Sunscreen, Kojic Acid
• Skin Success Anti-Dark Spot Fade Cream: Retinoid, Hydroquinone, Chemical Sunscreen
• Skin Success Anti-Dark Spot Fade Cream For OILY Skin: Retinoid, Hydroquinone, Chemical Sunscreen
• Skin Success Anti-Dark Spot Fade Milk Tone Correcting Body Lotion: Retinoid, Hydroquinone