In case you have somehow missed it (impossible unless you live under a rock), Sephora’s Beauty Insider Spring Bonus Event has started! This is one of my favorite events each year, it is a great time to save on products that are pretty much never discounted.
The Beauty Insider Spring Bonus Event ends May 6, so if you are thinking about buying anything you will need to act fast! VIB and Insiders get access on May 2nd until the 6th, but Rouge already have access. Your discount depends upon your Sephora Beauty Insider member tier and can be redeemed online or in-store.
• Rouge get 20% off with the code HEYROUGE
• VIB get 15% with the code HEYVIB
• Beauty Insiders get 10% off with the code HEYINSIDER
Note that the Sephora Beauty Insider Spring Bonus Event is just one of the great perks of joining the Sephora Beauty Insider Program. You can learn more about all the reasons you should join the Sephora Beauty Insider Program. My favorites include free makeovers, collecting points for free products, Flash 2 Day Shipping and access to exclusive products!
The Beauty Insider Program is free, and you move up the ranks as you spend more. Yes, I’m Rouge. Basically for life at this point.
When deciding what to purchase from the Sephora Beauty Insider Spring Bonus Event I look for two types of items: staple products that I need to stock up on and new things I want to try. Let’s be honest, the list of new things that I want to try is about a mile long, so I usually go for brands that I’m familiar with or a Sephora value set with lots of products to try out. I prepare my cart for this event for a few weeks, I am really good at adding items to my cart!
Here’s a look at some of my staples and products that I tried (and loved) recently. All of these are sitting in my cart to repurchase!
Perfect Skin Splurges
The Bonus Events are the best time to splurge on big ticket items. These 2 products are a tad on the pricy side, but the glowy skin is so worth it!
• Fresh Rose Deep Hydration Moisturizer is just what my skin needs this spring. My skin is dry from the end of winter and all of the wind in my area recently, but I don’t want to use a heavy cream. This moisturizer has a time release hyaluronic acid, which holds 1000x its weight in water without feeling occlusive or heavy on your skin. It packs a super hydrating punch that lasts all day and is perfect under makeup.
• Tatcha The Silk Canvas Protective Primer is a little different from other primers that I have used. It can be used all over to primer your eyes, face and even your lips.
There’s a small disc that you run over the top of the product, it helps you pick up just the right amount for application. Pro tip: that amount is much smaller than you think. I wait a few minutes before applying my makeup, which glides on very easily and blends to look flawless all day. Please note the 3 item limit for this promotion
My Favorite Lip Balm
I hate having chapped lips. They’re uncomfortable and I hate any sign of flaking.
• I keep a jar of Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask on my nightstand so I can use it right before I go to sleep every night. It is the best product I’ve found to keep my lips soft and hydrated, even in the middle of a cold Michigan winter. It has a light sweet taste, and it doesn’t feel sticky at all. My girls (4 and 8) are obsessed too, they may have gotten their own jars in their stockings for Christmas!
• Laneige’s Lip Glowy Balm is basically a portable version of the Lip Sleeping Mask. Because, let’s face it, as much as I love that product I don’t want to be putting my fingers in lip balm all day long. I prefer applying from a wand or tube like this! The Lip Glowy Balm is also hydrating and doesn’t feel sticky, but it is a bit shinier and has a bit of tint. I love the Berry, which has a great pink-peach tone. I have the Grapefruit in my cart now.
Get Glowy Super Fast
As much as I love a good face mask, I don’t have time to wait 10-15 minutes to get glowy skin. I’ll be repurchasing two of my favorite speedy masks, they take only a few minutes but the results are amazing. I even take them with me when I’m on call at work, sometimes a fast pick me up in the call room makes spending the night in the hospital much easier.
• Dr. Brandt Radiance Resurfacing Foam takes about a minute to gently exfoliate your skin, it doesn’t irritate my sensitive skin at all. It feels a bit fizzy on my skin, which I love. Afterwards I definitely am glowier and it helps keep my pores clear.
• REN Evercalm Ultra Comforting Rescue Mask is exactly what my sensitive, Rosacea skin needs when I’ve been in the hospital for a while. I get dry and irritated, and this cream feels amazing! You apply a generous layer to your skin and let it sink in for 10 to 15 minutes. You can wipe off the excess, but leave the rest on your skin. I sometimes apply it just as my nightly moisturizer. It doesn’t feel heavy at all and I think it does prevent my Rosacea from flaring.
My Go-To Shampoo and Conditioner
I’ve mentioned this Kérastase shampoo and conditioner duo before, you can check out my full review. My hair is dry and damaged, primarily because I can not help myself and love to heat style my hair.
I try to minimize how much I damage my hair. The first step is using the correct products. Kérastase Resistance Length Strengthening Shampoo and Conditioner seal my cuticle and prevent damage and breakage. My hair looks healthier and less damaged, and using this duo regularly cuts down on breakage dramatically. I like to pair it with the matching Blow Dry Primer, which offers high heat protection. I also swap out the conditioner for the Resistance Length Strengthening Mask about once every week or two.
Lashes for Miles
I’m pretty picky about what I use on my lashes, all part of my life long goal of achieving long and lush eyelashes that are easily mistaken for falsies. I alternate between my two favorite mascras, NARS Climax Mascara and Bobbi Brown Smokey Eye Mascara. They both grab every last lash and emphasize them, without clumping.
I’m currently testing out the Kat Von D Go Big or Go Home Mascara. I was able to order it before it was released as a Beauty Insider exclusive on the Sephora App! So far it has made my lashes look huge, but the key is to go slow and wiping the wand with a tissue before application. The wand can hold a lot of product and it is a bit prone to clumping.
My lashes are a bit stubborn and don’t want to curl due to my lash serum use. I’ve found that the only lash curler that works on them is the Surratt Beauty Relevée Lash Curler. The rubber of the cushion is a bit different from other lash curlers, and it makes a big difference in how the curler works for me.
Shop the Post
What are you planning to buy? I am always looking for new products to purchase!
Sponsored Post, Affiliate Links
This post is a collaboration with Sephora, but all thoughts and product obsessions are my own.