It’s here! Sephora’s Savings Event is starting now, and I’ve been planning my purchases for a while now.
In case you aren’t aware, here are the details you need to know:
• The event is open to all members of the Sephora Beauty Insider Program, though the dates and savings differ slightly. Rouge starts today (4/14) and with the code SAVENOW they will save 20% and have free shipping on all orders. VIB and Insiders start on 4/18, VIB will save 15% and Insiders will save 10% with the code SAVENOW, they also get free shipping on all orders!
• Rouge Members, VIB Members and Insiders can all get 30% off Sephora Collection products starting today, 4/14.
• Sephora’s Beauty Insiders is free to join, and you need to be a member to get access to the Savings Event. You can earn other perks like access to products early, points for deluxe samples and more!
• Sephora has alternate delivery options such as Buy Online Pick Up In Store and Same Day Delivery. I’ve done both previously, and it was so worth the time I saved! I’m anticipating I’ll ship some online only options, but have some items delivered to my home the same day.
I’ll share some of the items I’m planning to purchase below, but I have to admit that when this event comes around I typically place multiple orders. The order I spend a long time planning, another order when I realize I forgot to stock up on something, and then I’ll find a few new things that I really want to try out and I’ll snag those before the event ends. I recommend buying your go-to items for the upcoming season, items you’ll need for travel, and get a couple of fun new things!
If I’m going to forget to buy a product, it is almost always a skincare product. I’m one of those people that changes up their routine a little bit every day, looking to see how my skin is responding to things and making adjustments. Am I dry? Does it look a bit irritated after spending too much time outside? Or do I need more travel sized items?
Some of my favorites that are in my cart:
• Lancôme Bi-Facil Double-Action Eye Makeup Remover: forever my go-to, I’ve finally stopped trying other eye makeup removers. They never do the amazing job that Bi-Facil can do, removing everything immediately. I buy big bottles and a couple of travel sizes.
• Tatcha The Deep Cleanse Gentle Exfoliating Cleanser: This is a new find for me, I’m loving the gentle exfoliation without irritation. I keep it in my shower and use it in the morning, it’s definitely made a difference in terms of my skin’s overall texture.
• Tatcha The Water Cream: A great option when my skin is feeling dry, I love this one at night. For day, I slightly prefer Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Moisturizing Cream, which I think sinks in a little faster and leaves my skin a little better prepped for makeup.
• Fenty Skin Butta Drop Whipped Oil Body Cream: I love the light sheen this leaves on my legs, but it doesn’t feel greasy or heavy. I buy refills now for at home, and I have a travel size that doesn’t leave my travel makeup kit, it goes with me everywhere!
I recently started changing over a lot of my face makeup over to creams, and I’m adding a few more of the products that are working really well for me! Note, in my post about changing over to cream, I just used corrector/concealer, bronzer and a blush. I used powder in selected areas that I needed to set. I’ve recently added a small amount of my favorite cream foundation, from Patrick Ta, into the mix. I’ve found that gently patting my brush into the foundation, then patting it gently onto my checks and then I start blending from there, really helps. The small amount of a cream foundation helps with blending.
What I’m getting:
• Patrick Ta Major Skin Crème Foundation and Finishing Powder Duo
• Charlotte Tilbury Magic Vanish Color Corrector: Forever one of my favorites, light is always my perfect corrector shade.
• Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Finish Brightening Powder: In the past, I was hopelessly devoted to the Airbrush Flawless Finish Setting Powder, and I still use it frequently. I’m a huge fan of the new brightening version, which really does just look… a bit brighter. Without looking too light. I apply the brightening powder with a puff to my undereyes, the regular version goes on my t-zone.
• Lys Beauty Higher Standard Satin Matte Cream Blush: I already owned Self Love, a universally flattering mauve tone. I recently picked up Kindness, a really pretty peachy color that will be a great color for the spring.
I’ve been obsessively trying lip products this year, and here are a few of my recent favorites! I’ll be buying more of the Dior balm for sure, I go through about one of the clear Addict Lip Glow Balms every 4-6 weeks.
• Dior Addict Lip Glow: I have most of the shades, but I carry the clear with me everywhere and love it.
• Sephora Collection Cream Lip Stain Liquid Lipstick: This is #87, very vintage. This is a new purchase for me, but I’ve heard rave reviews from friends.
• Gucci Transfer-proof Matte Liquid lipstick: This is in 114 Grace Cinnamon, a soft pink in a matte finish. It lasts a good 6 hours or so on me, but not all day.
• Rare Beauty Soft Pinch Tinted Lip Oil: I picked up Happy when this new lip oil came up for Rouge presale. It’s a cool pink that has some peach leanings in in. Very pretty and hydrating, I’m a fan so far.
I thought about gathering up pictures of all the hair products I’ll be purchasing, but it was daunting. I buy pretty much all of my hair care and tools at Sephora, and this is the perfect time to stock up! Shampoo, conditioner, deep moisturizing masks, all the styling products… you name it!
Products I’m Stocking Up On:
• Kérastase Resistance Strengthening Shampoo and Conditioner Duo for Damaged Hair: My favorite shampoo and conditioner duo are currently available as a set!
• Kérastase Nutritive 8H Magic Night Serum Hydrating Treatment: When my hair is feeling extra dry or damaged, I apply this to the ends of my hair before bed.
• Kérastase Chroma Absolu High Shine Gloss Treatment for Color-Treated Hair: Want super shiny hair? This will give it to you.
• Color Wow Dream Coat Supernatural Spray Anti-Frizz Treatment: This is my go-to anti-frizz treatment! I spray it generously on my damp hair, then dry/style as usual. My hair is silky, frizz free and can withstand humidity for 3 washes! I use it when I travel, and I use it once a week all summer. I’m buy a new value size bottle so I’ll be all set for the upcoming summer!
• Hair Masks: My typical go to is Kérastase Nutritive Mask for Severely Dry Hair, which has been great when I want to hydrate my hair more. I’m going to try out the new Kérastase Symbiose Deeply Hydrating Hair Mask for Damaged Hair, which might be even better for my hair, which is damaged from my coloring and heat styling, and occasionally dry.
• Oribe Supershine Moisturizing Hair Cream: One of my long time products for prepping my hair for styling. I use an amount roughly the size of a nickel, then comb through my hair. It makes my hair smoother and shinier, protecting against heat damage.
• Oribe Gold Lust Nourishing Hair Oil: This is my go-to hair oil for smoothing and adding shine. I love it because a little goes a long way, but it’s really hard to overdo it.
• Oribe Superfine Hair Spray: My favorite hair spray for when I curl my hair, it does help keep the curls much longer!
• Drybar Detox Dry Shampoo: This is my favorite dry shampoo. It soaks up all the oil, helping me go 4-5 days between washes! I use a light spray on my roots right before bed on day 1 and day 3. Using dry shampoo before my hair is greasy has much better results than trying to play catch up later!
• Drybar Southern Belle Volume-Boosting Mousse: My go-to root volumizer, it adds quite a bit of volume to my hair. I have heavy hair, and it can become flat quite easily. This helps a lot and it lasts for days, until my next wash.
Hair Tools I Think are Worth the Splurge:
Yes, I have purchased a lot of the expensive hair tools out there including the Dryer, the Airwrap, the Corrale, and even the recently released Duet Style. They’re good, but these are the ones that I actually recommend and think made a difference in styling my hair. They’re all a bit of a splurge, but the Savings Event is the perfect time to get one!
• Drybar The Double Shot Blow-Dryer Brush: Other drying brushes are either too hot or seem to take a very long time to dry my hair. This is my favorite one, it has a good balance of fast and not too hot, which actually smoothing my hair out.
• Bio Ionic Long Barrel Styler Pro Curling Iron 1″: While I also love my T3 Single Pass curling iron, the extra little bit of length in the wand on this one makes a big difference when curling my long hair! I’m able to get the bend higher up on my hair shaft, and I just love that look.
• L’Oreal Professionnel Steampod Flat Iron & Styler: This flat iron is so much better than more traditional ones! It makes my hair much straighter and smoother, in fewer passes and with less heat. I take it with me when I’m being a dance mom (our studio likes all girls to do their hair in a low straight ponytail) and it’s been amazing on the girls with very curly hair. If you want to splurge on a flat iron, this is the one to pick.
What are you buying from the Sephora Savings Event? I would love to know!
Shop the Post
This post is a collaboration with Sephora, but product choices and opinions are my own.