Today I’m starting my Real Beauty Addict Series, in which I’ll feature the favorite beauty products of normal people, that just happen to like beauty products (like me!) It’s kind of like looking into the medicine cabinet when you’re at their house. Which products are their favorites and why? What works best for them?
Today we’re starting the series with a good friend of mine, Dr. Lilly (not her full name obviously!). She is a very busy doctor and the mom of two super cute young boys! She lives in New Jersey and is one of the most stylish people that I know. She was excited to share some of her favorite beauty products with me. And note, she shares one face cream obsession, and she’s married to a dermatologist!
1. Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer: This primer goes on so smoothly and leaves a nice canvas to put other makeup on. It feels somewhat powdery and helps with oil throughout the day. It has SPF in it, which is a nice bonus. It’s pricey but a little goes a long way and it lasts forever.
4. Laura Mercier Eye Basics in Flax: I have dark-ish oily lids, and trouble getting shadows to show up on my eyelids. This primer helps shadows adhere nicely and it also lightens the color of my lids so that you can see the shadow more easily. It keeps the color from migrating across my eyes all day as well, and is great for helping eyeliner stay put.
7. Fenty Gloss Bomb Universal Lip Luminizer in Fenty Glow – a beautiful gloss that has a lot of shine but isn’t sticky, in a great neutral color. Suitable for wearing alone or over a darker color, it smells nice too. It is very conditioning and doesn’t leave your lips feeling dry.
8. CeraVe Moisturizing Cream – there’s literally nothing better for soothing dry skin than this drug store cream, I use it all over and then even on my face in the winter. There are no fragrances or perfumes to react to, and it literally smells like nothing. There’s no greasy feeling, just the feeling of hydrated skin.
9. Pantene Pro-V Ice Shine Conditioner: This stuff is AMAZING. Tames frizz without weighing hair down, and leaves your hair shiny, smooth and bouncy, exactly like the commercials. It feels like silk.