Today I’m starting my Real Beauty Addict Series, in which I’ll feature the favorite beauty products of normal people, that just happen to like beauty products (like me!) It’s kind of like looking into the medicine cabinet when you’re at their house. Which products are their favorites and why? What works best for them?
Today we’re starting the series with a good friend of mine, Dr. Lilly (not her full name obviously!). She is a very busy doctor and the mom of two super cute young boys! She lives in New Jersey and is one of the most stylish people that I know. She was excited to share some of her favorite beauty products with me. And note, she shares one face cream obsession, and she’s married to a dermatologist!
1. Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer: This primer goes on so smoothly and leaves a nice canvas to put other makeup on. It feels somewhat powdery and helps with oil throughout the day. It has SPF in it, which is a nice bonus. It’s pricey but a little goes a long way and it lasts forever.
2. Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 20 in Sand: This tinted moisturizer is great for everyday use in place of foundation– it’s light feeling, has SPF, and does a great job hiding small broken blood vessels and uneven skin tone. I don’t leave the house without it!
3. Laura Mercier Matte Radiance Baked Powder Compact in Highlight 01: this highlighter is very soft and subtle, with no glittery shimmer, so you can use it for everyday makeup or layer it on thicker for a night out.
4. Laura Mercier Eye Basics in Flax: I have dark-ish oily lids, and trouble getting shadows to show up on my eyelids. This primer helps shadows adhere nicely and it also lightens the color of my lids so that you can see the shadow more easily. It keeps the color from migrating across my eyes all day as well, and is great for helping eyeliner stay put.
5. Givenchy Rouge Interdit Vinyl Color Enhancing Lipstick in 16 Noir Revelateur: This lippie is smooth and creamy, and feels like fancy lip balm. The color it appears depends on the pH of your skin and always looks good, but is most often a soft plum or darker shade of my natural lip color.
6. Surratt Beauty Relevée Lash Curler: The absolute best curler I’ve ever used, there’s no pulling and it gets to all the small hairs easily. The curl lasts all day without falling, and sometimes I even use just this without mascara if I need a light look for daytime. (Check out my Relevée Lash Curler review here)
7. Fenty Gloss Bomb Universal Lip Luminizer in Fenty Glow
– a beautiful gloss that has a lot of shine but isn’t sticky, in a great neutral color. Suitable for wearing alone or over a darker color, it smells nice too. It is very conditioning and doesn’t leave your lips feeling dry.
8. CeraVe Moisturizing Cream
– there’s literally nothing better for soothing dry skin than this drug store cream, I use it all over and then even on my face in the winter. There are no fragrances or perfumes to react to, and it literally smells like nothing. There’s no greasy feeling, just the feeling of hydrated skin.
9. Pantene Pro-V Ice Shine Conditioner: This stuff is AMAZING. Tames frizz without weighing hair down, and leaves your hair shiny, smooth and bouncy, exactly like the commercials. It feels like silk.
Do you want to be featured in my Real Beauty Addict Series? More info here!