Pregnancy safe beauty products can be super difficult and confusing. I have an entire guide devoted to what products are safe to use while pregnant including information on what ingredients to avoid while pregnant and a huge list of pregnancy safe skincare products. The list has gotten so large that I’ve decided to start listing brands in their own individual posts.
Here you’ll find pregnancy safe products from ZO Obagi as of 6/27/2020. If it is not safe, I’ll tell you why. All of the products meet my pregnancy safe criteria. If they release a new product that is not listed here, please comment below and I will add it. Note I will link to every product directly to avoid confusion. You’ll know exactly which product I mean.
Please refer to my post on pregnancy safe makeup, where I explain why you don’t need to worry about your mascara, powders, eyeliners, brow products, etc. I do not review these products.
How to Request a Product Review
I try to review all of the products that I can when I publish a list. Note, I am in the US and I only have access to US products. Please don’t be rude if I skipped your favorite cleanser, when items are out of stock sometimes they aren’t on the brand’s site, or maybe you are in Asia and I am in the US.
I reserve the comments on each post for reviews of product from that brand, this makes it easier for others to find products later. Please only ask about ZO Obagi on this post, I will delete other product questions. You can find other brands here. If your brand is not included, please ask on the brand list post.
Pregnancy and Nursing Safe Products from ZO Obagi
Not Safe for Pregnancy, Ok for Nursing
• ACNE CONTROL: Benzoyl Peroxide
• CALMING TONER: Glycolic Acid, Salicylate
• COMPLEXION RENEWAL PADS: Salicylic Acid, Glycolic Acid
• EXFOLIATING CLEANSER: Salicylic Acid
• ENZYMATIC PEEL: Glycolic Acid
• GROWTH FACTOR SERUM: Stem Cells
• OIL CONTROL PADS ACNE TREATMENT: Mandelic Acid, Salicylic Acid, Glycolic Acid
• ROZATROL: Stem Cell
Not Safe for Pregnancy or Nursing
Note I’m including products with retinoids here, as those are a bit iffy. It depends on how conservative you want to be while nursing (still absolutely contraindicated while pregnant). Refer to my post on ingredients to avoid while nursing for more discussion.
• BODY EMULSION: Retinoid
• BRIGHTALIVE: Retinoid, Licorice Root
• BROAD SPECTRUM SUNSCREEN SPF 50: Retinoid
• DAILY POWER DEFENSE: Retinoid
• DAILY SHEER BROAD SPECTRUM SPF 50: Retinoid, Chemical Sunscreen, Salicylate
• DUAL ACTION SCRUB: Retinoid, Salicylic Acid
• EXFOLIATION ACCELERATOR: Retinoid, Glycolic Acid
• EXFOLIATING POLISH: Retinoid, Licorice Root
• EYE BRIGHTENING CRÈME: Retinoid, Kojic Acid, Stem Cell
• FIRMING SERUM: Retinoid, Stem Cell
• INSTANT PORE REFINER: Retinoid, Salicylic Acid Derivative, Stem Cell
• INTENSE EYE CRÈME: Retinoid
• PIGMENT CONTROL + BRIGHTENING CRÈME 4% HQ – RX: Hydroquinone
• PIGMENT CONTROL CRÈME 4% HQ – RX: Hydroquinone, Glycolic Acid
• RADICAL NIGHT REPAIR: Retinoid, Stem Cell
• RECOVERY CRÈME: Retinoid
• RENEWAL CRÈME: Retinoid
• RETINOL SKIN BRIGHTENER .25%: Retinoid
• RETINOL SKIN BRIGHTENER .5%: Retinoid
• RETINOL SKIN BRIGHTENER 1%: Retinoid
• SMART TONE BROAD SPECTRUM SPF 50: Retinoid, Chemical Sunscreen, Salicylate
• SUNSCREEN + PRIMER SPF 30: Retinoid, Licorice Root
• WRINKLE + TEXTURE REPAIR: Retinoid, Stem Cell