Pregnancy safe beauty products can be super difficult and confusing. I have an entire guide devoted to what products are safe to use while pregnant including information on what ingredients to avoid while pregnant and a huge list of pregnancy safe skincare products. The list has gotten so large that I’ve decided to start listing brands in their own individual posts.
Here you’ll find pregnancy safe products from Mielle Organics as of 6/23/2020. If it is not safe, I’ll tell you why. All of the products meet my pregnancy safe criteria. If they release a new product that is not listed here, please comment below and I will add it. Note I will link to every product directly to avoid confusion. You’ll know exactly which product I mean.
Please note, it can take up to an hour to review the ingredient lists of each product. I review with my own list of pregnancy safe criteria. I obtain my ingredient lists from the brands and major retailers (typically Nordstrom and Sephora), and I review the US versions. Please do not ask me to re-review the same products over and over, I do not have the time to do so, and many people have been rude about this. For more brands, please head over to the list of pregnancy safe products.
Which hair products do you need to worry about?
Technically, none. Most OBs will tell you not to worry about any hair products. Your hair is a dead protein, and it can not absorb anything. It’s amazing how pregnancy brain can take over and we forget that simple fact!
Personally, I screened products that would sit on my scalp for a few minutes (aka- shampoos, scrubs, etc). My thought process was that those products would be similar to a face wash, even if washed off right away it sits there for a bit. So, on this list you’ll find products that sit on your scalp. This is shampoo, scalp treatments and root styling products. Other styling products should just be on the hair shaft, and if you’re worried about sprays being inhaled, I recommend holding your breath while you spray and then step away a few feet.
Pregnancy and Nursing Safe Products from Mielle Organics
• Avocado Moisturizing Hair Milk
• Babassu Conditioning Sulfate-Free Shampoo
• Babassu Oil & Mint Deep Conditioner
• Brazilian Curly Cocktail Curl Cream
• Detangling Co-Wash
• Honey & Ginger Edge Gel
• Honey & Ginger Styling Gel
• Mint Almond Oil
• Moisture RX Hawaiian Ginger Moisturizing & Anti-Breakage Conditioner
• Moisture RX Hawaiian Ginger Moisturizing & Anti-Breakage Shampoo
• Moisture RX Hawaiian Ginger Moisturizing Hair Butter
• Moisture RX Hawaiian Ginger Moisturizing Leave-In Conditioner
• Moisture RX Hawaiian Ginger Moisturizing Scalp Treatment
• Moisture RX Hawaiian Ginger Moisturizing Styling Gel
• Mongongo Oil Exfoliating Shampoo
• Mongongo Oil Pomade-to-Oil Treatment
• Pomegranate & Honey Body Lotion
• Pomegranate & Honey Coil Sculpting Custard
• Pomegranate & Honey Curl Refreshing Spray
• Pomegranate & Honey Curl Smoothie
• Pomegranate & Honey Hydrating Face Mask
• Pomegranate & Honey Leave-In Conditioner
• Pomegranate & Honey Moisturizing and Detangling Conditioner
• Pomegranate & Honey Moisturizing and Detangling Shampoo
• Pomegranate & Honey Radiant Body Wash
• Pomegranate & Honey Twisting Soufflé
• Pre-Shampoo Treatment with Mongongo Oil
• Rice Water Clay Masque
• Rice Water Hydrating Shampoo
• Rice Water Moisturizing Milk
• Rice Water Split End Therapy
• Rosemary Mint Multivitamin Daily Styling Crème
• Rosemary Mint Strengthening Edge Gel
• Rosemary Mint Strengthening Hair Masque
• Rosemary Mint Strengthening Shampoo
• Sacha Inchi Curl Enhancing Cream
• Sacha Inchi Detangling Conditioner
Not Safe for Pregnancy, Ok for Nursing
• Pomegranate & Honey Revitalizing Face Serum: Salicylic Acid
• Pomegranate & Honey Stretch Mark Cream: Salicylic Acid
• Sacha Inchi Cleansing Shampoo: Willow Bark
• White Peony Leave-In Conditioner: Gluconolactone
Not Safe for Pregnancy or Nursing
Note I’m including products with retinoids here, as those are a bit iffy. It depends on how conservative you want to be while nursing (still absolutely contraindicated while pregnant). Refer to my post on ingredients to avoid while nursing for more discussion.