Pregnancy safe beauty products can be super difficult and confusing. I have an entire guide devoted to what products are safe to use while pregnant including information on what ingredients to avoid while pregnant and a huge list of pregnancy safe skincare products. The list has gotten so large that I’ve decided to start listing brands in their own individual posts.
Here you’ll find pregnancy safe products from Tropic as of 4/4/2021. If it is not safe, I’ll tell you why. All of the products meet my pregnancy safe criteria. If they release a new product that is not listed here, please comment below and I will add it. Note I will link to every product directly to avoid confusion. You’ll know exactly which product I mean.
Which makeup do you need to worry about?
There are a lot of products you don’t need to screen, and it really depends upon the formulation. You don’t need to worry about powders such as setting powder, highlighters or eye shadows. Eye liners and brow products that are wax based pencils also don’t need to be screened. Mascaras and mascara-like primers and brow products also don’t need to be screened.
I have purposefully not screened these products, and as I’m usually overwhelmed with request to review products that should be screened, I will not review these products for you. Please refer to my post on pregnancy safe makeup for more explanation.
Which hair products do you need to worry about?
Technically, none. Most OBs will tell you not to worry about any hair products. Your hair is a dead protein, and it can not absorb anything. It’s amazing how pregnancy brain can take over and we forget that simple fact!
Personally, I screened products that would sit on my scalp for a few minutes (aka- shampoos, scrubs, etc). My thought process was that those products would be similar to a face wash, even if washed off right away it sits there for a bit. So, on this list you’ll find products that sit on your scalp. This is shampoo, scalp treatments and root styling products. Other styling products should just be on the hair shaft, and if you’re worried about sprays being inhaled, I recommend holding your breath while you spray and then step away a few feet. Conditioner and treatment masques don’t usually touch your scalp, though I have screened a few masques that people sometimes apply up to their roots. If you apply any of these further from the scalp, they’re all safe (even if I screened them as not safe).
How to Request a Product Review
I try to review all of the products that I can when I publish a list. Note, I am in the US and I only have access to US products. Please don’t be rude if I skipped your favorite cleanser, when items are out of stock sometimes they aren’t on the brand’s site, or maybe you are in Asia and I am in the US.
I reserve the comments on each post for reviews of product from that brand, this makes it easier for others to find products later. Please only ask about Tropic on this post, I will delete other product questions. You can find other brands here. If your brand is not included, please ask on the brand list post.
Pregnancy and Nursing Safe Products from Tropic
• AWAKEN THE SENSES luxury body oil
• BLUSH CRUSH cream colour
• BODY LOVE firming buttercream
• BODY SMOOTH refreshing polish
• BODY WASHES: MANGOSTEEN, THYME AND MANDARIN, WILD MINT, LIME AND PINEAPPLE, EUCALYPTUS, BERGAMOT AND BLACK PEPPER
• BROW BOSS defining pomade
• CLEANSING BODY PEBBLE (all scents on that page, also the GINGER AND LIME)
• CLEAR SKIES cleansing powder
• CLEAR SLATE deep cleansing powder
• ELIXIR age-defying omega oil
• EYE DREAM age-defying overnight butterbalm
• FACE SMOOTH brightening polish
• FEEL FRESH soothing deodorant and antiperspirant cream
• GLOW BERRY brightening serum
• HAIR FEAST deep conditioning treatment
• HAIR SMOOTH radiance oil
• HAND CREAMBALM
• INSTANT GLOW perfecting leg serum
• KISS ME QUICK lipstick
• LIP GLAZE
• LIP LOVE BALM
• LOOK SHARP sensitive shave
• LUXURY BATH FOAM
• OCEAN FIZZ FOOT SOAK
• ORGANIC NAIL NECTAR
• POLISHING FOOT PEBBLE
• SIGNATURE HAND WASH
• SKIN FEAST nourishing cream concentrate: Scented and Unscented
• SKIN SHADE tinted facial sun cream
• SO SCULPTED cream contour
• SUMMER GODDESS shimmering body oil
• SUPER GREENS nutrient boost oil
• SUPERFOOD HAND THERAPY
• TAMANU BALM all-in-one skin saviour
• UNDERCOVER cream concealer
• WAY TO GLOW cream highlighter
• WHIPPED BODY VELVET intensely rich buttermelt
Not Safe for Pregnancy, Ok for Nursing
• BEAUTY BOOSTER sheer foundation: Gluconolactone
• BODY WASHES: FRANGIPANI, STAR ANISE, TIARE FLOWER, JASMINE, NEROLI AND VETIVERT have salicylate
• CLARIFYING HAIR WASH: Gluconolactone
• CLEAR SKIN blemish-fighting mask: Salicylic Acid
• DEEP HYDRATION soothing cooling mask: Gluconolactone
• EYE WORK rejuvenating serum: Gluconolactone
• FACE LIFT brightening tightening mask: Glycolic Acid, Gluconolactone
• FRUIT PEEL resurfacing serum: Gluconolactone, Willow Bark
• ILLUMA light-diffusing concealer: Gluconolactone
• LIP FUDGE plumping lip conditioner: Licorice Root
• LOOK GOOD daily moisturiser: Gluconolactone
• NOURISHING HAIR CLEANSER: Malic Acid
• PERFECT SKIN resurfacing body lotion: Glycolic Acid, Gluconolactone
• PURE LAGOON blemish prevention serum: Salicylic Acid, Gluconolactone
• RAINFOREST DEW hydration serum: Gluconolactone
• REPAIRING FOOT REMEDY: Gluconolactone
• SIGNATURE HAND LOTION: Gluconolactone
• SMOOTHING CLEANSER complexion purifier, Scented and Unscented: Gluconolactone
• SOOTHE THE SENSES luxury body oil: Salicylate
• SUMMER SKIN gradual tanning lotion: DHA
• SUN DAY facial UV defence: Chemical Sunscreens
• SUN DRENCH overnight tanning mousse: DHA
• SUN DROPS gradual tanning facial serum: DHA
• SUN STICK: Chemical Sunscreens
• VITAMIN TONER pore-refining mist, Scented and Unscented: Gluconolactone
Not Safe for Pregnancy or Nursing
• SKIN DREAM age-defying firming cream concentrate: Bakuchiol, Gluconolactone