Pregnancy safe skincare can be super difficult and confusing. I have an entire guide devoted to what products are safe to use while pregnant including information on what ingredients to avoid while pregnant and a huge list of pregnancy safe skincare products. The list has gotten so large that I’ve decided to start listing brands in their own individual posts.
Here you’ll find every pregnancy safe skincare product from Kate Somerville as of 3/28/2020. If it is not safe, I’ll tell you why. All of the products meet my pregnancy safe criteria. If they release a new product that is not listed here, please comment below and I will add it. Note I will link to every product directly to avoid confusion. You’ll know exactly which product I mean.
Please note, it can take up to an hour to review the ingredient lists of each product. I review with my own list of pregnancy safe criteria. I obtain my ingredient lists from the brands and major retailers (typically Nordstrom and Sephora), and I review the US versions. Please do not ask me to re-review the same products over and over, I do not have the time to do so, and many people have been rude about this. For more brands, please head over to the list of pregnancy safe products.
Pregnancy Safe Products from Kate Somerville
• Age Arrest Anti-Wrinkle Cream (at Sephora)
• Age Arrest Eye Cream (at Sephora)
• D-Scar® Scar Diminishing Serum (at Sephora)
• DeliKate® Recovery Cream
• DeliKate® Recovery Serum
• DeliKate® Soothing Cleanser
• Dilo Oil
• Dry Skin Saver Eczema Therapy Cream (at Sephora)
• EradiKate® Daily Foaming Cleanser (at Sephora)
• EradiKate® Foam Mask (at Sephora)
• Gentle Daily Wash Gel Cleanser (at Sephora)
• Goat Milk Moisturizing Cream (at Sephora)
• KateCeuticals™ Contouring Eye Serum (at Sephora)
• Kx Active Concentrates Bio-Mimicking Peptides Serum (at Sephora)
• Kx Active Concentrates Ceramides + Omegas Serum (at Sephora)
• Oil Free Moisturizer (at Sephora)
Not Safe for Pregnancy, Ok for Nursing
• Anti Bac® Acne Clearing Lotion (at Sephora): Benzoyl Peroxide
• Daily Deflector™ Waterlight Broad Spectrum SPF 50+ PA+++ Anti-Aging Sunscreen (at Sephora): Salicylate
• DermalQuench Wrinkle Warrior® (at Sephora): Gluconolactone
• EradiKate® Acne Treatment (at Sephora): Salicylic Acid
• ExfoliKate® Cleanser (at Sephora): Glycolic Acid
• ExfoliKate® Glow Moisturizer (at Sephora): Glycolic Acid
• Goat Milk Moisturizing Cleanser (at Sephora): Salicylate
• Liquid ExfoliKate® Triple Acid Resurfacing Treatment (at Sephora): Glycolic Acid, Malic Acid, Tartaric Acid
• Purify Clarifying Cleanser (at Sephora)
• Tight’N™ Cryogenic Tightening Gel (at Sephora): Salicylic Acid
• UncompliKated SPF (at Sephora): Chemical Sunscreen
• Wrinkle Warrior® 2-in-1 Plumping Moisturizer + Serum (at Sephora): Gluconolactone, Salicylate
• Wrinkle Warrior® Eye (at Sephora): Gluconolactone
Not Safe for Pregnancy or Nursing
Note I’m including products with retinoids here, as those are a bit iffy. It depends on how conservative you want to be while nursing (still absolutely contraindicated while pregnant). Refer to my post on ingredients to avoid while nursing for more discussion. I am currently screening Bakuchiol as a retinoid, as it is often touted to “work just like a retinoid”, but has no safety data during pregnancy or nursing.
There isn’t info out there on the safety of Cannabis used topically during pregnancy or nursing. We do know smoking marijuana with THC has bad effects and should be avoided, though it hasn’t been fully decided if it is just the THC or something else as well.
Note that in theory Hemp and CBD do not have THC in them, it’s breed out of the plant is the official status. However, depending upon how it was processed many CBD oils will test positive for THC. But there are still the unknowns we haven’t decided about. I would not recommend using Hemp or Cannabis products while nursing or pregnant for that reason.
• DermalQuench Liquid Lift® (at Sephora): Retinoid
• DermalQuench Liquid Lift® +Retinol (at Sephora): Retinoid, Bakuchiol
• EradiKate® Salicylic Acid Acne Treatment (at Sephora): Salicylic Acid, Retinoid
• ExfoliKate® Intensive Exfoliating Treatment (at Sephora): Salicylic Acid, Retinoid
• Line Release® Eye Repair Cream (at Sephora): Salicylic Acid, Retinoid
• Peptide K8™ Power Cream (at Sephora): Hemp
• Quench Hydrating Face Serum (at Sephora): Retinol
• RetAsphere® Micro Peel (at Sephora): Retinoid, Licorice Root, Glycolic Acid, Arbutin
• +Retinol Eye Cream (at Sephora): Retinoid, Bakuchiol
• +Retinol Vita C Power Serum (at Sephora): Retinoid
• +Retinol Vitamin C Moisturizer (at Sephora): Retinoid