Pregnancy safe skincare can be super difficult and confusing. I have an entire guide devoted to what products are safe to use while pregnant including information on what ingredients to avoid while pregnant and a huge list of pregnancy safe skincare products. The list has gotten so large that I’ve decided to start listing brands in their own individual posts.
Here you’ll find pregnancy safe skincare products from Biossance as of 5/20/2020. If it is not safe, I’ll tell you why. All of the products meet my pregnancy safe criteria. If they release a new product that is not listed here, please comment below and I will add it. Note I will link to every product directly to avoid confusion. You’ll know exactly which product I mean.
Please note, it can take up to an hour to review the ingredient lists of each product. I review with my own list of pregnancy safe criteria. I obtain my ingredient lists from the brands and major retailers (typically Nordstrom and Sephora), and I review the US versions. Please do not ask me to re-review the same products over and over, I do not have the time to do so, and many people have been rude about this. For more brands, please head over to the list of pregnancy safe products.
Pregnancy Safe Products from Biossance
• 100% Squalane Oil (at Sephora)
• Squalane + Antioxidant Cleansing Oil (at Sephora)
• Squalane + Hyaluronic Toning Mist (at Sephora)
• Squalane + Lactic Acid Resurfacing Night Serum (at Sephora)
• Squalane + Marine Algae Eye Cream (at Sephora)
• Squalane + Omega Repair Cream (at Sephora)
• Squalane + Probiotic Gel Moisturizer (at Sephora)
• Squalane+ Rose Vegan Lip Balm (at Sephora)
• Squalane + Tea Tree Cleansing Gel (at Sephora)
• Squalane + Tea Tree Detox Mask (at Sephora)
• Squalane + Vitamin C Rose Mask
• Squalane + Vitamin C Rose Oil (at Sephora)
• Squalane + Zinc Sheer Mineral Sunscreen
Not Safe for Pregnancy, Ok for Nursing
• Squalane + Glycolic Renewal Facial Mask (at Sephora): Glycolic Acid, Tartaric Acid, Malic Acid, Licorice Root Extract
• Squalane + Peptide Eye Gel (at Sephora): Please refer to my post on ingredients to avoid in pregnancy for information on stem cells.
• Squalane + Tea Tree Balancing Oil (at Sephora): Willow Bark (Salicylate)
Not Safe for Pregnancy or Nursing
Note I’m including products with retinoids here, as those are a bit iffy. It depends on how conservative you want to be while nursing (still absolutely contraindicated while pregnant). Refer to my post on ingredients to avoid while nursing for more discussion.
• Squalane + Phyto-Retinol Serum (at Sephora): Bakuchiol is their “phyto-retinol” and I haven’t been able to confirm how closely related this is to other retinoids. I’ve been treating it like a regular retinoid, I recommend complete avoidance while pregnant and the same argument for while nursing.