Pregnancy safe skincare can be super difficult and confusing. I have an entire guide devoted to what products are safe to use while pregnant including information on what ingredients to avoid while pregnant and a huge list of pregnancy safe skincare products. The list has gotten so large that I’ve decided to start listing brands in their own individual posts.
Here you’ll find pregnancy safe products from Osea as of 5/5/2020. If it is not safe, I’ll tell you why. All of the products meet my pregnancy safe criteria. If they release a new product that is not listed here, please comment below and I will add it. Note I will link to every product directly to avoid confusion. You’ll know exactly which product I mean.
Please note, it can take up to an hour to review the ingredient lists of each product. I review with my own list of pregnancy safe criteria. I obtain my ingredient lists from the brands and major retailers (typically Nordstrom and Sephora), and I review the US versions. Please do not ask me to re-review the same products over and over, I do not have the time to do so, and many people have been rude about this. For more brands, please head over to the list of pregnancy safe products.
Pregnancy Safe Products from Osea
• Advanced Protection Cream (at BlueMercury)
• Anti-Aging Body Balm (at BlueMercury)
• Anti-Aging Hand Cream
• Atmosphere Protection Cream (at BlueMercury)
• Blemish Balm (at BlueMercury)
• Essential Corrective Complex
• Essential Hydrating Oil (at BlueMercury)
• Eye & Lip Firming Cream
• Eye Gel Serum (at BlueMercury)
• Gigartina Therapy Bath
• Hyaluronic Sea Serum (at BlueMercury)
• Ocean Cleanser (at BlueMercury)
• Ocean Cleansing Milk (at BlueMercury)
• Ocean Cleansing Mudd (at BlueMercury)
• Ocean Lotion (at BlueMercury)
• OSEA for Parachute Purifying Hand Soap
• OSEA for Parachute Sleep Time Bath Salt
• Salts of the Earth Body Scrub
• Sea Minerals (at BlueMercury)
• Sea Vitamin Boost (at BlueMercury)
• Undaria Algae Body Oil (at BlueMercury)
• Undaria Argan Oil
• V Cleanse
• Vagus Nerve Oil
• Vitamin C Probiotic Face Polish (at BlueMercury)
Not Safe for Pregnancy, Ok for Nursing
• Black Algae Flash Mask: Malic Acid, Licorice Root
• Brightening Serum (at BlueMercury): Licorice Root
• Red Algae Mask (at BlueMercury): Willow Bark
• Vitamin Sea Serum: Licorice Root
• White Algae Mask (at BlueMercury): Licorice Root
Not Safe for Pregnancy or Nursing
There isn’t info out there on the safety of Cannabis used topically during pregnancy or nursing. We do know smoking marijuana with THC has bad effects and should be avoided, though it hasn’t been fully decided if it is just the THC or something else as well.
Note that in theory Hemp and CBD do not have THC in them, it’s breed out of the plant is the official status. However, depending upon how it was processed many CBD oils will test positive for THC. But there are still the unknowns we haven’t decided about. I would not recommend using Hemp or Cannabis products while nursing or pregnant for that reason.