Pregnancy safe skincare can be super difficult and confusing. I have an entire guide devoted to what products are safe to use while pregnant including information on what ingredients to avoid while pregnant and a huge list of pregnancy safe skincare products. The list has gotten so large that I’ve decided to start listing brands in their own individual posts.
Here you’ll find pregnancy safe products from Colleen Rothschild as of 7/25/2019. If it is not safe, I’ll tell you why. All of the products meet my pregnancy safe criteria. If they release a new product that is not listed here, please comment below and I will add it. Note I will link to every product directly to avoid confusion. You’ll know exactly which product I mean.
Please note, it can take up to an hour to review the ingredient lists of each product. I review with my own list of pregnancy safe criteria. I obtain my ingredient lists from the brands and major retailers (typically Nordstrom and Sephora), and I review the US versions. Please do not ask me to re-review the same products over and over, I do not have the time to do so, and many people have been rude about this. For more brands, please head over to the list of pregnancy safe products.
Pregnancy Safe Products from Colleen Rothschild
• Age Renewal Super Serum (at Neiman Marcus)
• Beauty Water
• Cocoa Bean Cleansing Balm (at Neiman Marcus)
• Complete Eye Cream (at Neiman Marcus)
• Creamy Oil Body Wash – Honey Vanilla (at Neiman Marcus)
• Matcha Tea Treatment Toner (at Neiman Marcus)
• Quench & Shine Restorative Mask
• Radiant Cleansing Balm (at Neiman Marcus)
• Restorative Hand Cream (at Neiman Marcus)
Not Safe for Pregnancy, Ok for Nursing
• Clarifying Detox Mask (at Neiman Marcus): Glycolic Acid, Salicylic Acid
• Daily Defense SPF 25 (at Neiman Marcus): Licorice Root
• Extreme Recovery Cream (at Neiman Marcus): Licorice Root
• Mandelic Acid Radiance Serum (at Neiman Marcus): Mandelic Acid, Salicylic Acid
• Pomegranate & AHA Resurfacing Mask (at Neiman Marcus): Glycolic Acid, Malic Acid
• Salicylic Treatment Complex (at Neiman Marcus): Salicylic Acid, Willow Bark (Salicylate)
• Sheer Renewal Cream: Malic Acid, Licorice Root
• Turmeric & Neem Oil Brightening Mask: Neem
• Vitamin C Treatment Complex (at Neiman Marcus): Licorice Root
Not Safe for Pregnancy or Nursing
Note I’m including products with retinoids here, as those are a bit iffy. It depends on how conservative you want to be while nursing (still absolutely contraindicated while pregnant). Refer to my post on ingredients to avoid while nursing for more discussion.
There isn’t info out there on the safety of Cannabis used topically during pregnancy or nursing. We do know smoking marijuana with THC has bad effects and should be avoided, though it hasn’t been fully decided if it is just the THC or something else as well.
Note that in theory Hemp and CBD do not have THC in them, it’s breed out of the plant is the official status. However, depending upon how it was processed many CBD oils will test positive for THC. But there are still the unknowns we haven’t decided about. I would not recommend using Hemp or Cannabis products while nursing or pregnant for that reason.
• Balancing Gel Cleanser (at Neiman Marcus): Retinoid
• “Breast” Friend Self-Exam Butter: Retinoid
• Body Butter – Honey Vanilla (at Neiman Marcus): Retinoid
• Body Scrub – Honey Vanilla (at Neiman Marcus): Retinoid
• Dual Enzyme Polish (at Neiman Marcus): Retinoid, Glycolic Acid
• Face Oil N°9 (at Neiman Marcus): Retinoid
• Intense Hydrating Mask (at Neiman Marcus): Retinoid
• Nourishing Body Lotion (at Neiman Marcus): Retinoid
• Retinol Supreme Eye Serum (at Neiman Marcus): Retinoid
• Retinol Supreme Night Oil (at Neiman Marcus): Retinoid
• Retinol Treatment Complex (at Neiman Marcus): Retinoid