Pregnancy safe skincare can be super difficult and confusing. I have an entire guide devoted to what products are safe to use while pregnant including information on what ingredients to avoid while pregnant and a huge list of pregnancy safe skincare products. The list has gotten so large that I’ve decided to start listing brands in their own individual posts.
Here you’ll find pregnancy safe skincare product from OleHenriksen as of 4/9/2020. If it is not safe, I’ll tell you why. All of the products meet my pregnancy safe criteria. If they release a new product that is not listed here, please comment below and I will add it. Note I will link to every product directly to avoid confusion. You’ll know exactly which product I mean.
Please look at this list carefully, a few popular products changed categories with my 4/9/2020 recheck of the line!
Please note, it can take up to an hour to review the ingredient lists of each product. I review with my own list of pregnancy safe criteria. I obtain my ingredient lists from the brands and major retailers (typically Nordstrom and Sephora), and I review the US versions. Please do not ask me to re-review the same products over and over, I do not have the time to do so, and many people have been rude about this. For more brands, please head over to the list of pregnancy safe products.
Pregnancy Safe Products from Ole Henriksen
• Banana Bright™ Eye Crème (at Sephora)
• C-Rush™ Brightening Double Crème (at Sephora)
• C-Rush™ Brightening Gel Crème (at Sephora)
• Hygge HydraClay™ Detox Mask
• So Nurturing™ Cleansing Cloths
• The Clean Truth™ Foaming Cleanser (at Sephora)
• Transforming Walnut Scrub (at Sephora)
• Truth Advanced™ Moisturizing Crème
• Truth Juice™ Daily Cleanser (at Sephora)
• Wonderfeel™ Double Cleanser
Not Safe for Pregnancy, Ok for Nursing
• Balancing Force™ Oil Control Toner (at Sephora): Glycolic Acid, Salicylic Acid
• Banana Bright™ Face Primer (at Sephora): Licorice Root
• Banana Bright™ Vitamin C Serum (at Sephora): Gluconolactone, Licorice Root
• Cold Plunge™ Pore Mask (at Sephora): Salicylic Acid
• Counter Balance™ Oil Control Hydrator (at Sephora): Glycolic Acid, Salicylic Acid
• Find Your Balance™ Oil Control Cleanser (at Sephora): Glycolic Acid
• Glow2OH™ Dark Spot Toner (at Sephora): Licorice Root
• Invigorating Night Transformation™ Gel (at Sephora): Glycolic Acid, Licorice Root
• PHAT Glow Facial (at Sephora): Gluconolactone, Licorice Root
• Pore-Balance™ Facial Sauna Scrub (at Sephora): Glycolic Acid
• Power Peel™ Transforming Facial System (at Sephora): Lemon Peel has Glycolic Acid and Licorice Root, the other 2 steps are pregnancy & nursing safe
• Sheer Transformation™ Perfecting Moisturizer (at Sephora): Licorice Root
• Truth™ On The Glow Cleansing Cloths (at Sephora): Gluconolactone
• Truth Serum (at Sephora): Chemical Sunscreen
Not Safe for Pregnancy or Nursing
Note I’m including products with retinoids here, as those are a bit iffy. It depends on how conservative you want to be while nursing (still absolutely contraindicated while pregnant). Refer to my post on ingredients to avoid while nursing for more discussion. I currently screen Bakuchiol out as a retinoid as there’s no safety data and it is touted to “work just like a retinoid”.
• Glow Cycle™ Retin-ALT Power Serum (at Sephora): Bakuchiol, Licorice Root, Glycolic Acid, Stem Cells
• Goodnight Glow™ Retin-ALT Sleeping Creme (at Sephora): Bakuchiol, Stem Cells, Glycolic Acid, Licorice Root
• Nurture Me™ Moisturizing Crème (at Sephora): Retinoid, Chemical Sunscreen