Pregnancy safe beauty products can be super difficult and confusing. I have an entire guide devoted to what products are safe to use while pregnant including information on what ingredients to avoid while pregnant and a huge list of pregnancy safe skincare products. The list has gotten so large that I’ve decided to start listing brands in their own individual posts.
Here you’ll find pregnancy safe products from Kaplan MD as of 8/11/2020. If it is not safe, I’ll tell you why. All of the products meet my pregnancy safe criteria. If they release a new product that is not listed here, please comment below and I will add it. Note I will link to every product directly to avoid confusion. You’ll know exactly which product I mean.
Please refer to my post on pregnancy safe makeup, where I explain why you don’t need to worry about your mascara, powders, eyeliners, brow products, etc. I do not review these products.
Please note, it can take up to an hour to review the ingredient lists of each product. I review with my own list of pregnancy safe criteria. I obtain my ingredient lists from the brands and major retailers (typically Nordstrom and Sephora), and I review the US versions. Please do not ask me to re-review the same products over and over, I do not have the time to do so, and many people have been rude about this. For more brands, please head over to the list of pregnancy safe products.
Pregnancy and Nursing Safe Products from Kaplan MD
Not Safe for Pregnancy, Ok for Nursing
• CELL RENEWING MICROFOLIANT: Stem Cells, Salicylate
• CELLULAR REJUVENATING CONCENTRATE: Stem Cells, Licorice Root, Salicylate
• CLARIFYING TONER: Stem Cells, Salicylic Acid, Salicylate, Licorice Root
• DAILY MOISTURE SPF 30 CONCENTRATE: Stem Cells, Salicylate
• INTENSIVE EYE CONCENTRATE: Stem Cells, Licorice Root
• NIGHT REPLENISHMENT CONCENTRATE: Stem Cells, Licorice Root, Salicylate
• PERFECT POUT LIP BALM: Chemical Sunscreen, Salicylate
• PERFECT POUT LIPSTICK: Chemical Sunscreen
• PURIFYING FOAM CLEANSER: Stem Cells, Salicylic Acid, Salicylate
Not Safe for Pregnancy or Nursing
Note I’m including products with retinoids here, as those are a bit iffy. It depends on how conservative you want to be while nursing (still absolutely contraindicated while pregnant). Refer to my post on ingredients to avoid while nursing for more discussion.
• DIAMOND CONTOUR LIFTING ROSE QUARTZ NECK SERUM: Retinoid