Pregnancy safe beauty products can be super difficult and confusing. I have an entire guide devoted to what products are safe to use while pregnant including information on what ingredients to avoid while pregnant and a huge list of pregnancy safe skincare products.
Here you’ll find pregnancy safe products from Joanna Vargas as of 4/30/2023. If it is not safe, I’ll tell you why. All of the products meet my pregnancy safe criteria. Note I will link to every product directly to avoid confusion. You’ll know exactly which product I mean.
Don’t See Your Product? Read This Before You Ask About It…
Please read the Pregnancy Beauty Guide intro first, where you will learn which products you actually need to worry about (spoiler alert, you don’t need to worry about all makeup or hair products). I will not review products that fall into the “don’t worry about it” categories. If you want to ask about a specific product, I require that you follow these guidelines for asking about pregnancy/nursing safety. You can also learn more about how to use these pregnancy safety lists. I will delete questions that don’t follow the guidelines or are rude.
Pregnancy and Nursing Safe Products from Joanna Vargas
Not Safe for Pregnancy, Ok for Nursing
• DAWN BRIGHTENING MASK: Mandelic Acid, Licorice Root
• EDEN HYDRATING PRO MOISTURIZER: Stem Cells
• EDEN SERUM: Licorice Root, Stem Cells
• EXFOLIATING MASK: Gluconolactone
• FOREVER GLOW ANTI-AGING SHEET MASK: Licorice Root
• TWILIGHT NIGHT SERUM: Licorice Root
• VITAMIN C FACE WASH: Gluconolactone
Not Safe for Pregnancy or Nursing
• BRIGHT EYE HYDRATING MASK: Arbutin, Licorice Root
• DAILY HYDRATING CREAM: Retinoid, Gluconolactone
• DAILY SERUM: Retinoid, Gluconolactone
• SUPER NOVA SERUM: Retinoids, Stem Cells
• TWILIGHT FACE MASK: Arbutin, Licorice Root