Pregnancy safe skincare can be super difficult and confusing. I have an entire guide devoted to what products are safe to use while pregnant including information on what ingredients to avoid while pregnant and a huge list of pregnancy safe skincare products. The list has gotten so large that I’ve decided to start listing brands in their own individual posts.
Here you’ll find every pregnancy safe skincare product from iS Clinical as of 6/14/2019. If it is not safe, I’ll tell you why. All of the products meet my pregnancy safe criteria. If they release a new product that is not listed here, please comment below and I will add it. Note I will link to every product directly to avoid confusion. You’ll know exactly which product I mean.
Please note that iS Clinical had a lot of ingredients listed as “key” ingredients that do not appear in actual ingredient lists. Some of this might be due to extracts containing what they consider to be a key ingredient. That wasn’t always the case though. I verified ingredient lists in several locations. Please don’t put much thought into the listed key ingredients, check out the actual full ingredients list.
Please note, it can take up to an hour to review the ingredient lists of each product. I review with my own list of pregnancy safe criteria. I obtain my ingredient lists from the brands and major retailers (typically Nordstrom and Sephora), and I review the US versions. Please do not ask me to re-review the same products over and over, I do not have the time to do so, and many people have been rude about this. For more brands, please head over to the list of pregnancy safe products.
Pregnancy Safe Products from iS Clinical
Not Safe for Pregnancy, Ok for Nursing
• Active Serum: Willow Bark (Salicylate)
• Extreme Protect SPF 30: Chemical Sunscreen
• Firming Complex: Licorice Root, Willow Bark (Salicylate), Salicylic Acid
• Hydra-Intensive Cooling Masque: Licorice Root
• Neck Perfect: Willow Bark (Salicylate), Licorice Root, Salicylic Acid
• Tri-Active Exfoliating Masque: Salicylic Acid
Not Safe for Pregnancy or Nursing
Note I’m including products with retinoids here, as those are a bit iffy. It depends on how conservative you want to be while nursing (still absolutely contraindicated while pregnant). Refer to my post on ingredients to avoid while nursing for more discussion.
• Body Complex: Willow Bark (Salicylate), Retinoid
• Cleansing Complex: Willow Bark (Salicylate), Retinoid
• Eye Complex: Willow Bark (Salicylate), Retinoid
• Moisturizing Complex: Retinoid
• Poly-Vitamin Serum: Retinoid
• Pro-Heal Serum Advance Plus: Arbutin, Retinoid
• Reparative Moisture Emulsion: Retinoid
• Sheald Recovery Balm: Retinoid
• Super Serum Advance Plus: Arbutin
• White Lightening Complex: Arbutin, Willow Bark (Salicylate), Licorice Root
• White Lightening Serum: Arbutin, Willow Bark (Salicylate)
• Youth Complex: Retinoid, Licorice Root, Willow Bark (Salicylate)
• Youth Eye Complex: Retinoid, Licorice Root
• Youth Intensive Creme: Retinoid, Willow Bark (Salicylate)
• Youth Serum: Retinoid