Pregnancy safe beauty products can be super difficult and confusing. I have an entire guide devoted to what products are safe to use while pregnant including information on what ingredients to avoid while pregnant and a huge list of pregnancy safe skincare products. The list has gotten so large that I’ve decided to start listing brands in their own individual posts.
Here you’ll find pregnancy safe products from Hourglass Cosmetics as of 9/1/2021. If it is not safe, I’ll tell you why. All of the products meet my pregnancy safe criteria. If they release a new product that is not listed here, please comment below and I will add it. Note I will link to every product directly to avoid confusion. You’ll know exactly which product I mean. Note, I’ve included all of the products with available ingredient lists here. There are a lot more products out there, but I couldn’t get ingredient lists from reputable sites (aka- the brand and authorized retailers).
Which makeup do you need to worry about?
There are a lot of products you don’t need to screen, and it really depends upon the formulation. You don’t need to worry about powders such as setting powder, highlighters or eye shadows. Eye liners and brow products that are wax based pencils also don’t need to be screened. Mascaras and mascara-like primers and brow products also don’t need to be screened.
I have purposefully not screened these products, and as I’m usually overwhelmed with request to review products that should be screened, I will not review these products for you. Please refer to my post on pregnancy safe makeup for more explanation.
How to Request a Product Review
I try to review all of the products that I can when I publish a list. Note, I am in the US and I only have access to US products. Please don’t be rude if I skipped your favorite cleanser, when items are out of stock sometimes they aren’t on the brand’s site, or maybe you are in Asia and I am in the US.
I reserve the comments on each post for reviews of product from that brand, this makes it easier for others to find products later. Please only ask about Hourglass on this post, I will delete other product questions. You can find other brands here. If your brand is not included, please ask on the brand list post.
Pregnancy and Nursing Safe Products from Hourglass
• Confession™ Ultra Slim High Intensity Refillable Lipstick (at Sephora, BlueMercury)
• Equilibrium™ Biomimetic Skin Active Serum (at Sephora, BlueMercury)
• Equilibrium™ Intensive Hydrating Eye Balm (at Sephora, BlueMercury)
• EQUILIBRIUM™ Rebalancing Cream Cleanser (at BlueMercury)
• EQUILIBRIUM RESTORATIVE HYDRATING CREAM
• Extreme Sheen High Shine Lip Gloss
• Femme Nude Lip Stylo
• GIRL Lip Stylo (at Sephora, BlueMercury)
• Hidden® Corrective Concealer (at Sephora, BlueMercury)
• Opaque Rouge Liquid Lipstick (at Sephora)
• Panoramic Long Wear Lip Liner (at Sephora)
• Scattered Light Glitter Eye Shadow (at Sephora, BlueMercury)
• Unreal™ High Shine Volumizing Lip Gloss (at Sephora, BlueMercury)
• Vanish™ Blush Stick (at Sephora, BlueMercury)
• Vanish™ Flash Highlighting Stick (at Sephora, BlueMercury)
• Vanish™ Seamless Finish Liquid Foundation (at Sephora, BlueMercury)
• Veil™ Eye Primer (at Sephora, BlueMercury)
• Veil Mineral Primer (at Sephora, BlueMercury)
• Veil™ Setting Spray (at Sephora, BlueMercury)
• Velvet Story Lip Cream (at Sephora, BlueMercury)
Not Safe for Pregnancy, Ok for Nursing
• Equilibrium™ Day Fluid Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 30 (at Sephora, BlueMercury): Chemical Sunscreen
• Equilibrium™ Restoring Essence (at Sephora, BlueMercury): Gluconolactone
• Illusion® Hyaluronic Skin Tint (at Sephora, BlueMercury): Chemical Sunscreen, Salicylate
• Immaculate® Liquid Powder Foundation Mattifying Oil Free (at Sephora, BlueMercury): Stem Cells
• Vanish™ Airbrush Concealer (at Sephora, BlueMercury): Licorice Root
• Vanish™ Seamless Finish Foundation Stick (at Sephora, BlueMercury): Chemical Sunscreen
• Veil Fluid Makeup Oil Free Broad Spectrum SPF 15 (at Sephora, BlueMercury): Chemical Sunscreen
• Veil Retouching Fluid (at BlueMercury): Glycolic Acid, Salicylic Acid