Pregnancy safe beauty products can be super difficult and confusing. I have an entire guide devoted to what products are safe to use while pregnant including information on what ingredients to avoid while pregnant and a huge list of pregnancy safe skincare products. The list has gotten so large that I’ve decided to start listing brands in their own individual posts.
Here you’ll find pregnancy safe products from Hada Labo as of 2/28/2020. If it is not safe, I’ll tell you why. All of the products meet my pregnancy safe criteria. If they release a new product that is not listed here, please comment below and I will add it. Note I will link to every product directly to avoid confusion. You’ll know exactly which product I mean.
Note, I have reviewed these products using the ingredients found on the Hada Labo USA website. Products outside of the US may have different ingredients. I have matched them up to products available for purchase on line as best as I could. The products on the Hada Labo site didn’t really match what is on the YesStyle site (which has the biggest selection for the US), as the ingredient lists were often a bit different. I’m linking directly to products, be sure to follow links and compare ingredient lists.
Note, I have not been able to link up with products on Amazon because the products there have different names and no available ingredient lists to compare to YesStyle and the official Hada Labo site. I tried, but I was not confident enough to post about it. I leave purchasing from Amazon to your own discretion.
Please note, it can take up to an hour to review the ingredient lists of each product. I review with my own list of pregnancy safe criteria. I obtain my ingredient lists from the brands and major retailers (typically Nordstrom and Sephora), and I review the US versions. Please do not ask me to re-review the same products over and over, I do not have the time to do so, and many people have been rude about this. For more brands, please head over to the list of pregnancy safe products.
Pregnancy Safe Products from Hada Labo
• Goku-jyun Clear Lotion
• Goku-jyun Cream
• Goku-jyun Face Wash
• Goku-jyun Foaming Face Wash
• Goku-jyun Hyaluronic Acid Face Foam (at YesStyle)
• Goku-jyun Hyaluronic Acid Face Wash (at YesStyle)
• Goku-jyun Hyaluronic Acid Lotion (at YesStyle)
• Goku-jyun Light Lotion
• Goku-jyun Mask
• Goku-jyun Milk
• Goku-jyun Mist
• Gokujyun Oil Cleansing (at YesStyle)
• Goku-jyun Perfect Gel
• Goku-jyun Premium Lotion (at YesStyle)
• Goku-jyun Premium Oil Jelly (at YesStyle)
• Goku-jyun Serum
• Penetration Lotion (at YesStyle): both kinds ok
• Unscented Age Correcting Eye Cream (at Target)
• Unscented Anti Aging Face Mask (at Target)
• Unscented Overnight Treatment Cream (at Target)
Not Safe for Pregnancy, Ok for Nursing
• Goku-jyun Hatomugi Face Foam (at YesStyle): Licorice Root
Not Safe for Pregnancy or Nursing
Note I’m including products with retinoids here, as those are a bit iffy. It depends on how conservative you want to be while nursing (still absolutely contraindicated while pregnant). Refer to my post on ingredients to avoid while nursing for more discussion.
• Goku-jyun Alpha Cream: Retinoid
• Goku-jyun Alpha Lotion: Retinoid
• Goku-jyun Alpha Mask: Retinoid
• Goku-jyun Alpha Milk: Retinoid
• Goku-jyun Alpha Serum: Retinoid
• Shiro-jyun Clear Lotion: Arbutin
• Shiro-jyun Cream: Arbutin
• Shiro-jyun Mask: Arbutin
• Shiro-jyun Milk: Arbutin
• Shirojyun Premium Whitening W Essence (at YesStyle): Arbutin
• Shiro-jyun Serum: Arbutin
• Unscented Anti Aging Hydrator (at Target): Retinoid