Pregnancy safe beauty products can be super difficult and confusing. I have an entire guide devoted to what products are safe to use while pregnant including information on what ingredients to avoid while pregnant and a huge list of pregnancy safe skincare products. The list has gotten so large that I’ve decided to start listing brands in their own individual posts.
Here you’ll find pregnancy safe products from Briogeo as of 4/1/2020. If it is not safe, I’ll tell you why. All of the products meet my pregnancy safe criteria. If they release a new product that is not listed here, please comment below and I will add it. Note I will link to every product directly to avoid confusion. You’ll know exactly which product I mean.
How to Request a Product Review
I try to review all of the products that I can when I publish a list. Note, I am in the US and I only have access to US products. Please don’t be rude if I skipped your favorite cleanser, when items are out of stock sometimes they aren’t on the brand’s site, or maybe you are in Asia and I am in the US.
I reserve the comments on each post for reviews of product from that brand, this makes it easier for others to find products later. Please only ask about Briogeo on this post, I will delete other product questions. You can find other brands here. If your brand is not included, please ask on the brand list post.
Which hair products do you need to worry about?
Technically, none. Most OBs will tell you not to worry about any hair products. Your hair is a dead protein, and it can not absorb anything. It’s amazing how pregnancy brain can take over and we forget that simple fact!
Personally, I screened products that would sit on my scalp for a few minutes (aka- shampoos, scrubs, etc). My thought process was that those products would be similar to a face wash, even if washed off right away it sits there for a bit. So, on this list you’ll find products that sit on your scalp. This is shampoo, scalp treatments and root styling products. Other styling products should just be on the hair shaft, and if you’re worried about sprays being inhaled, I recommend holding your breath while you spray and then step away a few feet.
Pregnancy Safe Products from Briogeo
• B. Well Organic + Australian 100% Tea Tree Oil (at Sephora)
• B. Well Organic + Cold-Pressed 100% Castor Oil (at Sephora)
• B. Well Tea Tree + Eucalyptus Clean Deodorant (at Sephora)
• Be Gentle, Be Kind avocado + quinoa co-wash
• Be Gentle Be Kind™ Banana + Coconut Nourishing Superfood Shampoo (at Sephora)
• Be Gentle Be Kind™ Matcha + Apple Replenishing Superfood Shampoo (at Sephora)
• Blossom & Bloom Ginseng + Biotin Volumizing Root Powder (at Sephora)
• Blossom & Bloom™ Ginseng + Biotin Volumizing Shampoo (at Sephora)
• Color Me Brilliant™ Mushroom + Bamboo Color Protect Shampoo (at Sephora)
• Curl Charisma™ Rice Amino + Avocado Hydrating Shampoo (at Sephora)
• Don’t Despair, Repair!™ Super Moisture Shampoo (at Sephora)
• Farewell Frizz™ Rosehip, Argan & Coconut Oil Blend (at Sephora)
• Farewell Frizz™ Smoothing Shampoo (at Sephora)
• Scalp Revival Charcoal + Biotin Dry Shampoo (at Sephora)
• Scalp Revival Charcoal + Coconut Oil Micro-exfoliating Shampoo (at Sephora)
• Scalp Revival Charcoal + Tea Tree Scalp Treatment (at Sephora)
Not Safe for Pregnancy, Ok for Nursing
Not Safe for Pregnancy or Nursing
There isn’t info out there on the safety of Cannabis used topically during pregnancy or nursing. We do know smoking marijuana with THC has bad effects and should be avoided, though it hasn’t been fully decided if it is just the THC or something else as well.
Note that in theory Hemp and CBD do not have THC in them, it’s breed out of the plant is the official status. However, depending upon how it was processed many CBD oils will test positive for THC. But there are still the unknowns we haven’t decided about. I would not recommend using Hemp or Cannabis products while nursing or pregnant for that reason.
• B.Well 100mg CBD + Arnica Flower Soothing Skin & Scalp Oil (at Sephora): Hemp