Pregnancy safe beauty products can be super difficult and confusing. I have an entire guide devoted to what products are safe to use while pregnant including information on what ingredients to avoid while pregnant and a huge list of pregnancy safe skincare products. The list has gotten so large that I’ve decided to start listing brands in their own individual posts.
Here you’ll find pregnancy safe products from Biotherm as of 1/25/2020. If it is not safe, I’ll tell you why. All of the products meet my pregnancy safe criteria. If they release a new product that is not listed here, please comment below and I will add it. Note I will link to every product directly to avoid confusion. You’ll know exactly which product I mean. Note that Biotherm’s website has ingredients lists on most but not all of their products. I’ve left off those products without ingredient lists.
Please refer to my post on pregnancy safe makeup, where I explain why you don’t need to worry about your mascara, powders, eyeliners, brow products, etc. I do not review these products.
How to Request a Product Review
I try to review all of the products that I can when I publish a list. Note, I am in the US and I only have access to US products. Please don’t be rude if I skipped your favorite cleanser, when items are out of stock sometimes they aren’t on the brand’s site, or maybe you are in Asia and I am in the US.
I reserve the comments on each post for reviews of product from that brand, this makes it easier for others to find products later. Please only ask about Biotherm on this post, I will delete other product questions. You can find other brands here. If your brand is not included, please ask on the brand list post.
Pregnancy Safe Products from Biotherm
• AQUA BOUNCE SUPER CONCENTRATE
• BATH THERAPY DELIGHTING BLEND BODY MOISTURISER
• BATH THERAPY DELIGHTING HAND CREAM
• BATH THERAPY INVIGORATING BLEND BODY MOISTURISER
• BATH THERAPY INVIGORATING HAND CREAM
• BATH THERAPY RELAXING BLEND BODY MOISTURISER
• BATH THERAPY RELAXING HAND CREAM
• BIOCILS GEL
• BIOSOURCE CLEANSING MICELLAR WATER
• BIOSOURCE Self Foaming Cleanser
• BLUE THERAPY AMBER NIGHT CREAM
• BLUE THERAPY EYE-OPENING SERUM
• BLUE THERAPY RED ALGAE UPLIFT CREAM
• BLUE THERAPY RED ALGAE UPLIFT CURE
• LAIT CORPOREL BODY MILK
• LAIT CORPOREL LE BEURRE CORPOREL
• LIFE PLANKTON™ CLEAR ESSENCE
• LIFE PLANKTON™ ESSENCE
• LIFE PLANKTON ™ EYE
• LIFE PLANKTON™ NIGHT & DAY AMPOULES
• LIFE PLANKTON™ SENSITIVE SKIN EMULSION
• LIQUID GLOW SKIN BEST
• PUREFECT SKIN HYDRATING GEL
Not Safe for Pregnancy, Ok for Nursing
• AQUASOURCE AURA CONCENTRATE SERUM: Salicylic Acid
• AQUASOURCE AURA JELLY MASK-IN-SHEET: Salicylic Acid
• AQUASOURCE COCOON: Salicylate
• AQUASOURCE DRY SKIN: Salicylate
• AQUASOURCE EVERPLUMP: Salicylate
• AQUASOURCE EVERPLUMP NIGHT: Salicylate
• AQUASOURCE GEL: Salicylic Acid
• AQUASOURCE TOTAL EYE REVITALIZER GEL: Salicylic Acid, Salicylate
• BATH THERAPY DELIGHTING BLEND BODY SCRUB: Salicylic Acid
• BATH THERAPY INVIGORATING BLEND BODY SCRUB: Salicylic Acid
• BATH THERAPY INVIGORING SHOWER GEL: Salicylic Acid
• BATH THERAPY RELAXING BLEND BODY SCRUB: Salicylic Acid
• BATH THERAPY RELAXING SHOWER GEL: Salicylic
• BEURRE DE LÈVRES: Chemical Sunscreen
• Biosource Foaming Cream Dry Skin: Salicylic Acid
• Biosource Foaming Cream Normal Skin: Salicylic Acid
• BIOSOURCE PURIFYING & MAKE-UP REMOVING MILK (NORMAL SKIN): Salicylic Acid, Salicylate
• BIOSOURCE SOFTENING & MAKE-UP REMOVING MILK (DRY SKIN): Salicylic Acid, Salicylate
• Biosource Toner Dry Skin: Salicylate
• Biosource Toner Normal Skin: Salicylate
• BIOSOURCE TOTAL RENEW BALM-TO-OIL: Salicylate
• BLUE THERAPY NIGHT CREAM: Salicylic Acid
• EAU VITAMINEE MIST: Salicylic Acid
• LIFE PLANKTON ™ ELIXIR: Salicylic Acid Derivative
• LIFE PLANKTON™ ESSENCE-IN-MASK: Salicylate
• LIFE PLANKTON™ MASK: Salicylate
• PUREFECT SKIN TONER: Salicylic Acid, Glycolic Acid, Licorice Root
Not Safe for Pregnancy or Nursing
Note I’m including products with retinoids here, as those are a bit iffy. It depends on how conservative you want to be while nursing (still absolutely contraindicated while pregnant). Refer to my post on ingredients to avoid while nursing for more discussion.
There isn’t info out there on the safety of Cannabis used topically during pregnancy or nursing. We do know smoking marijuana with THC has bad effects and should be avoided, though it hasn’t been fully decided if it is just the THC or something else as well.
Note that in theory Hemp and CBD do not have THC in them, it’s breed out of the plant is the official status. However, depending upon how it was processed many CBD oils will test positive for THC. But there are still the unknowns we haven’t decided about. I would not recommend using Hemp or Cannabis products while nursing or pregnant for that reason.