Pregnancy safe beauty products can be super difficult and confusing. I have an entire guide devoted to what products are safe to use while pregnant including information on what ingredients to avoid while pregnant and a huge list of pregnancy safe skincare products. The list has gotten so large that I’ve decided to start listing brands in their own individual posts.
Here you’ll find pregnancy safe products from BareMinerals as of 2/18/2020. If it is not safe, I’ll tell you why. All of the products meet my pregnancy safe criteria. If they release a new product that is not listed here, please comment below and I will add it. Note I will link to every product directly to avoid confusion. You’ll know exactly which product I mean.
Please refer to my post on pregnancy safe makeup, where I explain why you don’t need to worry about your mascara, powders, eyeliners, brow products, etc. I do not review these products.
How to Request a Product Review
I try to review all of the products that I can when I publish a list. Note, I am in the US and I only have access to US products. Please don’t be rude if I skipped your favorite cleanser, when items are out of stock sometimes they aren’t on the brand’s site, or maybe you are in Asia and I am in the US.
I reserve the comments on each post for reviews of product from that brand, this makes it easier for others to find products later. Please only ask about BareMinerals on this post, I will delete other product questions. You can find other brands here. If your brand is not included, please ask on the brand list post.
Pregnancy Safe Products from BareMinerals
• AGELESS GENIUS™ FIRMING & WRINKLE SMOOTHING EYE CREAM
• AGELESS GENIUS™ FIRMING & WRINKLE SMOOTHING NECK CREAM
• BARE HAVEN® ESSENTIAL MOISTURIZING SOFT CREAM
• BAREPRO® 16-HOUR FULL COVERAGE CONCEALER (at Sephora)
• BAREPRO GLOW™ BRONZER Liquid Face Bronzer Makeup
• BAREPRO GLOW™ HIGHLIGHTER
• BAREPRO® LONGWEAR LIPSTICK (at Sephora)
• BAREPRO® PERFORMANCE WEAR LIQUID FOUNDATION SPF 20 (at Sephora)
• BARESKIN® COMPLETE COVERAGE SERUM CONCEALER (at Sephora)
• bareSkin® Pure Brightening Serum Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 20 (at Sephora)
• BLEMISH RESCUE ANTI-REDNESS MATTIFYING PRIMER (at Sephora)
• BUTTER DRENCH™ RESTORATIVE RICH CREAM
• COMBO CONTROL™ MILKY FACE PRIMER
• COMPLEXION RESCUE HYDRATING FOUNDATION STICK SPF 25 (at Sephora)
• COMPLEXION RESCUE DEFENSE RADIANT PROTECTIVE VEIL
• COMPLEXION RESCUE™ Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 (at Sephora)
• DEW MIST SHIMMERING SETTING SPRAY (at Sephora)
• GEN NUDE® EYESHADOW + PRIMER
• GEN NUDE BUTTERCREAM LIP GLOSS (at Sephora)
• GEN NUDE® PATENT LIP LACQUER (at Sephora)
• GEN NUDE® UNDER OVER™ LIP LINER (at Sephora)
• GOOD HYDRATIONS™ SILKY FACE PRIMER
• MADE-2-FIT BAREPRO LIQUID FOUNDATION SPF 15
• MADE-2-FIT FRESH FACED FOUNDATION
• MINERALIST HYDRA-SMOOTHING LIPSTICK (at Sephora)
• OIL OBSESSED® TOTAL CLEANSING OIL
• PORELESS CLAY CLEANSER
• PORELESS EXFOLIATING TONER
• PURE PLUSH® GENTLE DEEP CLEANSING FOAM
• PURENESS GEL CLEANSER
• PURENESS SOOTHING LIGHT MOISTURIZER
• SKINLONGEVITY® VITAL POWER INFUSION SERUM
• SKINLONGEVITY® VITAL POWER MOISTURIZER BROAD SPECTRUM SPF 30
• STATEMENT UNDER OVER™ LIP LINER (at Sephora)
Not Safe for Pregnancy, Ok for Nursing
• BLEMISH REMEDY® ACNE CLEARING TREATMENT SERUM: Salicylic Acid, Licorice Root
• BLEMISH REMEDY® ACNE TREATMENT GELEE CLEANSER: Salicylic Acid
• BLEMISH RESCUE SKIN-CLEARING SPOT CONCEALER (at Sephora): Salicylic Acid, Licorice Root
• BRILLIANT FUTURE® AGE DEFENSE & RENEW EYE CREAM: Licorice Root
• BRILLIANT FUTURE® AGE DEFENSE & RENEW SERUM: Licorice Root
• MINERAL CLEANSING WIPES: Licorice Root
• PORELESS OIL-FREE FACE MOISTURIZER: Gluconolactone
• PRIME TIME®FOUNDATION PRIMER (at Sephora): Licorice Root
• SKINLONGEVITY VITAL POWER SLEEPING GEL CREAM: Gluconolactone
Not Safe for Pregnancy or Nursing
Note I’m including products with retinoids here, as those are a bit iffy. It depends on how conservative you want to be while nursing (still absolutely contraindicated while pregnant). Refer to my post on ingredients to avoid while nursing for more discussion.
There isn’t info out there on the safety of Cannabis used topically during pregnancy or nursing. We do know smoking marijuana with THC has bad effects and should be avoided, though it hasn’t been fully decided if it is just the THC or something else as well.
Note that in theory Hemp and CBD do not have THC in them, it’s breed out of the plant is the official status. However, depending upon how it was processed many CBD oils will test positive for THC. But there are still the unknowns we haven’t decided about. I would not recommend using Hemp or Cannabis products while nursing or pregnant for that reason.
• AGELESS GENIUS™ FIRMING & WRINKLE SMOOTHING SERUM: Retinoid
• GEN NUDE® MATTE LIQUID LIPSTICK (at Sephora): Retinoid
• GEN NUDE® RADIANT LIPSTICK (at Sephora): Retinoid
• MOXIE PLUMPING LIP GLOSS: Retinoid
• PRIME TIME® BB PRIMER CREAM DAILY DEFENSE (at Sephora): Licorice Root, Retinoid
• PRIME TIME EYESHADOW PRIMER (at Sephora): Retinoid
• STATEMENT MATTE LIQUID LIPSTICK: Retinoid