Recently I was reading a magazine and they had an article on skincare cult classics that everyone must try. It was full of products that have been around for decades, and while I’ve tried them all I have moved on from those products.
The article made me start thinking about what currently popular skincare products would be classics years from now? While a few of these products have been around for years, I think there is a reason these products have become so popular.
1. Lancome Bi-Facil Double-Action Eye Makeup Remover Over the years I’ve tried what feels like a million different eye makeup removers. I always come back to Bi-Facil, it is the best and fastest at removing every last bit of stubborn eye makeup.
2. Roc Retinol Correxion Anti-Aging Sensitive Skin Night Cream Retinoids are the gold standard ingredient for reversing the signs of aging. Unfortunately, they tend to be irritating to the skin. Despite my rosacea, I can tolerate this retinoid cream. It is a less powerful retinoid and is released over time. You can read my full review here.
3. SkinCeuticals CE Ferulic This liquid is full of antioxidants such as vitamins C, E and ferulic acid. Ferulic acid is an antioxidant and improves the stability of vitamins C and E. It also has photo protection properties and is approved as a sunscreen agent in Japan. For years this has been a favorite of beauty editors.
5. Mario Badescu Facial Spray I’m not a big fan of face sprays, but even I love this one! To help set makeup, as a pick me up or when my skin is dry.
6. Mario Badescu Drying Lotion If you have a pimple, a bit of this suspension, full of salicylic acid, can dry it up almost overnight. It can be irritating, so I don’t use it more than once a day.
7. Kate Somerville Exfolikate This stuff is really expensive. But I love it, and it is so worth the price! A small pea sized amount will perfectly exfoliate your face once a week. A full sized tube lasts me over a year.
8. Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Concentrate Over the years I’ve made no secret of my love of this face oil (see my initial review here), after its release many other facial oils followed. It only takes a few drops to get super glowy skin! I love that it is fairly lightweight and doesn’t clog my pores.
9. Sunday Riley Luna Sleeping Night Oil This light oil is a bit hydrating and has skin soothing ingredients. The retinoid penetrates deeply into the skin to fight aging, I’ve found it is great for areas of hyperpigmentation.
11. M-61 PowerGlow Peel If your skin tone is uneven or you have rough texture, a peel is a fast fix. This easy to use 1 minute at home peel has both glycolic and salicylic acids. I’ve found it is a bit stronger than the Exfolikate.