I haven’t been as present on the blog recently, in large part because I have been working a lot, we had my daughter’s birthday party this weekend (wow, that was a lot of work to get ready for it!) and I’ve been busy enjoying my 3 month old. Baby talk is crazy cute and she’s so much fun to snuggle!
I realized last night that a lot of the products I’m using daily are new (to me at least) and I haven’t really mentioned them on the blog. I’ll hopefully have full reviews on some of these products soon, but in the meantime I thought I should mention them!
1. RMS Beauty Living Luminizer (get it at DermStore or J Crew): I mentioned this highlighter last week in my Mommy Beauty Must Haves, and I swear it is amazing stuff! I’ve been putting a little in the inner corner of my eyes, along my cheek bones and usually straight down the center of my nose and my chin. It really does somehow make me look much more awake and put together, but you can’t even really see it there.
2. Clarisonic Sonic Radiance Brightening Solutions Set (get it from Nordstrom): I had a little melasma/hyperpigmentation on my cheeks due to pregnancy and I started using this system right after I delivered. My pigmentation disappeared within about 4-5 weeks, I’ve kept using it because it seems to help keep my entire skintone more even.
3. JeNu Infuser (get it at Amazon or Nordstrom): I just started using this last week, but I’m already really excited about it! If you haven’t seen the JeNu everywhere yet, you will soon. It was named a game-changing product by Vogue, and will be featured in February’s Harper’s Bazaar. It uses ultrasound to increase the absorption of your regular skin care products.
4. Calming Zinc Bar Soap (from Dr. Cynthia Bailey): In the winter, I get dry, flaky skin around my nose that just will not go away despite exfoliation and lots of hydration. Why? Because it isn’t really dry skin. It’s facial dandruff/seborrheic dermatitis and needs to be treated differently (Dr. Bailey has a great post on it here). You can do temporizing measures and treat your face with Head and Shoulders, but I just bought her zinc bar soap and it is really helping a lot! It’s oil based and very gentle. It doesn’t remove all of my makeup, so I use it in the morning or at night after using another cleanser. This bar gets rid of all my flakies!
5. Charlotte Tilbury Full Fat Lashes 5 Star Mascara (from Nordstrom) and RevitaLash Advanced Eyelash Conditioner (get it at Nordstrom): I had to go off of my regular Revitalash while pregnant (hence the lack of mascara reviews. Even if I liked a mascara I didn’t like any pics enough to share on the blog). So, I’m counting it as new here because I started using it again after I delivered. I notice results at about 6 weeks, but really at 10 weeks is when my lashes are where they’ll stabilize in length. I love having my long lashes again! Along with those lashes, I’ve been obsessing over the Charlotte Tilbury mascara. It was great with my shorter lashes but even better now that I’m using Revitalash again!
6. Too Faced Semi-Sweet Chocolate Bar (from Sephora or Too Faced): A lot of my favorite shadows are from Too Faced, and their new Semi-Chocolate Palette is a must have! I reach for it constantly. I’ll be sharing pics soon!
7. L.A. Girl Pro Conceal HD Concealer (from Drugstore.com): After having this concealer mentioned so many times by bloggers and makeup artists, I finally had to try it for myself. I can’t find it anywhere near me, so I ordered a couple of shades from Drugstore.com. I’m using neutral, but I could go 1 shade lower. It is interesting because while it is pigmented, it is quite a bit less pigmented than many of my favorite concealers (It Cosmetics Bye Bye Undereye and Amazing Cosmetics Amazing Concealer specifically), but it still really covers what I need covered. And it won’t settle into fine lines, even after a long day! I definitely recommend it.
8. iS Clinical Youth Eye Complex (from Amazon or DermStore.com): This eye cream was frequently mentioned in my Dermatologist’s Favorite Eye Creams post, and when they offered to send it for a review I basically jumped for joy! It really is pretty amazing stuff. It is super hydrating, helps me look more awake and has some great ingredients that will help my undereye area in the long run. A new favorite!
9. Kerastase Spray á Porter (get it from Kerastase): So, this spray is my hair’s new best friend. About 10-15 sprays distributed throughout my hair while it is wet adds just the right texture to help my hair hold a ton of curl (which I’m adding with my Beachwaver) and it lasts for 2-3 days. Expect an upcoming post on how I’m doing this soon!
10. Yves Saint Laurent Volupté Tint-In-Oil (get it at Sephora): I’m in love with this lippie splurge! It is super hydrating (great in this winter weather), and goes on basically clear but deepens to add a very pretty tint.
11. COVER FX Illuminating Primer (from Sephora): I’ve been wearing this alone over my moisturizer on days that I don’t have time to really put on makeup but need something. It doesn’t look shiny at all, but is just enough to brighten up my skin and make me look a little better!
Check out more favorite product lists here!