Have you seen the current issue of Martha Stewart yet? There’s a story in there that I took note of (meaning, I added a ton of items to my “to buy beauty list”), and I had to share!
The article is the best of beauty and fashion (and yes, I was especially taking note of some of the fashion items, like the LL Bean pullover that I want to pick up), some of which I’ve used and the nine beauty essentials, of which I’ve tried two. Seriously, TWO. How can that be??
First, I was pretty proud of myself for the iconic makeup colors they featured on the first page of the article. I haven’t tried Fire & Ice, or the Guerlain bronzer. I own Stila Kitten in a million other forms and love it, though I admit I somehow don’t have the original shadow. I have NARS Orgasm in a lippie, a gloss, an illuminator, I have the original blush and the suped up Super Orgasm blush, the multiple, the nail polish… kind of crazy. Regardless, I agreed with all of their iconic shade choices. They’re pretty universally flattering and classic!
Now for the Nine Beauty Essentials! They were chosen by the Martha Stewart editors, and yes, they do know what they’re talking about! I’ll have to try all of them out.
Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair Eye Serum: This serum is meant to be used under your eye cream twice a day (wow, 2 eye products twice a day?) and it targets fine lines, wrinkles, puffiness, dark circles and dryness.
• Olay Professional Pro-X Spot Fading Treatment: This Olay treatment is designed to reduce the look of dark spots caused by years of sun damage. The primary active ingredient is Niacin.
• Fekkai Smooth Sailing Anti-Frizz Cream: Lightweight and shine enhancing, this cream helps with smoothing frizzy hair and fly-aways. It sounds like something I need for summer!
• Batiste Dry Shampoo is a classic, and I love that it is so cheap and comes in so many versions! I included it in my 10 Best Dry Shampoos post and I’m currently using the Batiste Brunette as my go-to dry shampoo.
• Mally Beauty Illuminating Blush Duo: Have you noticed that I’ve been mentioning Mally Beauty a lot lately? I’ve been really loving everything I try from Mally. I’m seriously about to just go crazy and buy everything she makes. For real. This blush is a long lasting formula and comes paired with a subtle cream highlighter.
• Giorgio Armani Face Fabric Foundation: I’ve heard that Giorgio’s foundation is amazing, I have blogging friends who won’t wear anything else, which is pretty amazing. This one is lightweight and perfects your skin while allowing actual skin to show through.
• L’Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes Mascara: Yes, it is as good as the name sounds.
• Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Cream Shadow Stick: I’ve been loving cream shadows lately for how quick and easy they are to use. I’ve heard this Bobbi Brown lasts forever.
• Origins Gloomaway Grapefruit body souffle: Doesn’t this super moisturizing body lotion sound like it smells divine? I love citrus scents in the spring and summer, and while I usually go for oranges and lemons, this year I feel drawn to grapefruit.
Have you tried any of these beauty items? There are a ton of other great picks in the Martha Stewart article, like a drugstore lotion that they’re using like Windex (Yes, put some Windex on it!)