I’ve been working on today’s post for a while. In between product testings, sometimes even I run out of products to use, so I’ve been slowly working my way through the options from Suave. I’ll grab a lotion or body wash here and there, usually while I’m at the grocery store.
After much product testing, these are my favorites! I’ve found that quite a few of Suave’s products really are similar to much more expensive products. At the bottom of the post you’ll find a way to get a Suave coupon too, now that you know what to buy!
1. Natural Infusion Awapuhi Strengthening Light Leave-In Cream In theory this cream is meant to make your hair stronger so it won’t break as often. I’m not sure if that’s really true (my hair is already pretty strong, so I didn’t notice a difference), but I did notice that it was great at helping to smooth out my hair and add shine. 1-2 pumps of the cream on wet hair, then dry and style and usual.
4. Natural Infusion Macadamia Moisturizing Light Oil Spray This oil is pretty similar to other hair oils in its effects (shiny hair, easier to manage, less frizz), except it comes in a spray bottle and it seems to have a bigger margin of error. It’s really hard to make your head all greasy. It does take a bit to get used to spraying the oil on instead of using a little in your hand. I recommend spraying from about 10 inches away. I usually use it mid-shaft and below, avoiding my roots.
5. Heat Protection Spray I haven’t really noticed this product. Which is the point. I won’t skip using a heat protecting product, even if I’m just going to be blow drying my hair a little. (Frying your hair once definitely scares a girl!) This is super lightweight, I can’t feel it on my hair at all. No frying accidents have occurred with this spray. Winner.
6. Volumizing Root Boost Spray This root spray does just what is sounds like. I spray on my roots when my hair is wet, then blow dry as usual. It really does need to be blow dried, this won’t help if you’re air drying. But, it adds some nice lift right where you want it.
7. Sweet Pea & Violet Body Wash There are quite a few Suave body washes, for some reason I only ever buy Sweet Pea. It isn’t drying, has a nice lather and the smell is nice, but doesn’t linger after being washed off.
8. Advanced Therapy Body Lotion Just what it sounds like, a nicely hydrating body lotion. It sinks in pretty quickly and does the job. It’s perfect for my dry skin in the summer, but not quite enough for winter (I need creams that time of year).
9. Clinical Protection PROsolid I haven’t tried the regular antiperspirants from Suave, just the Clinical Strength ones. It works just as well as my other brands (mostly Secret, though I have Dove too).
10. Styling Paste Yes, this is from the Men’s line, but it is great for women too! It isn’t greasy or sticky. This paste is perfect for making your hair just a little bit piecey.
If you have a favorite Suave product, let me know in the comments!