Today for Makeup Wars we’re sharing our favorite new brands. And while this brand isn’t new (Oribe has been around for forever), I really only started using their products a few months ago and I have been OBSESSED. I buy at least 1 new product every time I’m at my salon, I buy them at Blue Mercury, I add a few things to a Neiman Marcus order… you get the idea. So far I have only really ventured into the styling products, but the samples I’ve tried of their shampoo/conditioner duos are amazing (and I refuse to start using them, because that would be a whole other obsession!)
1. Grandiose Hair Plumping Mousse (at Neiman Marcus or Oribe): This mousse is no joke! I like to use it all over my hair to provide some nice hold for curling, or a very small (very small) amount in my roots to provide extra lift.
2. Dry Texturizing Spray (at Neiman Marcus or Oribe): If I want a beachy look, I spray this on my 2nd or 3rd day hair when I wake up. I throw a few loose curls in with a curling iron as well to refresh it, and that’s it!
3. Apres Beach Wave and Shine Hairspray (at Neiman Marcus or Oribe): I use this with the Dry Texturizing Spray as well, this one adds a little hold (I use the Dry Texture spray first, then curl, then this at the end), and a bit of shine.
4. Superfine Hairspray (at Neiman Marcus or Oribe): Like it sounds, touchable hold that you can’t feel.
5. Creme for Style (at Neiman Marcus or Oribe): This is my latest purchase. This cream adds some hydration to dry hair, heat protection and adds soft-moderate hold for curling.
6. Supershine Moisturizing Cream (at Neiman Marcus or Oribe): If I’m not curling my hair, I use this instead of Creme for Style. It smooths my hair, adds shine and just makes it feel incredibly soft!
7. Signature Royal Blowout Heat Styling Spray (at Neiman Marcus or Oribe): Super light weight and I can’t feel it in there, this is my go-to 2nd heat protectant for when I’ll be curling my hair. (Yes, 2nd. I always at least double protect my hair from heat.)
8. Imperial Blowout Transformative Styling Crème (at Neiman Marcus or Oribe): Similar to the SuperShine cream, I usually use them together. I think of this as a heavier duty, super smoothing version of the Royal Blowout Spray.