My first experience with Cargo was probably back in college. I bought a lip gloss quad (I think from Sephora) and I swear the thing was the size of a saucer! I couldn’t get my hands around it to open it really, but I remember whenever I did manage to pry that tin open, it was well worth it. The gloss was shiny with a pretty tint and subtle shimmer. It wasn’t sticky and it didn’t taste funny. To my 20 year old self, this was the best gloss ever! It certainly didn’t hurt that the giant quad lasted me forever, I definitely got my money’s worth.
Today, Cargo is so much more than lip gloss to me! Sure there are still quads (luckily they’re a bit smaller so I can actually open them, though they’re still big enough that you’ll get a great dea), but they have great blushes, bronzers that are just the right brown and even a super volumizing mascara!
1. Beach Blush in Cable Beach: The Beach Blushes are striped in their tin with a few complimenting shades, including bronzer. The result is a very pretty glow that is perfect for summer.
2. Color Stick in Santorini: The ColorSticks really aren’t too unique of a product, many companies offer similar color sticks that are meant to work on eyes, lips or face. I think the Cargo ones are a bit more pigmented than my NARS Multiples. My favorite shade is Santorini, which is actually a bit darker than they pictured here.
3. Color Palette in Vienna: The eye shadow quads are pretty large from Cargo, and Vienna is my favorite. The 3 neutrals work great together, but the dark teal color is pretty much amazing. Amazing. I have a review on this kit with a few pictures of an eye look coming up later this week. Perfect for brown eyes.
4. OneBase: This is the perfect corrector for on the go. The tube has a felt tipped wand, or you can just squirt some out. What’s in there is a medium coverage foundation or it can be applied with the wand as a light-medium coverage concealer (you can layer for more coverage). Throw it in a purse or take it with you when you travel to save space in your 3-1-1 bag.
5. Lip Gloss Quad in Oceana: The famed lip gloss quad! These are really big, which means they’re a great buy. I love that there are a variety of shades in each tin, but they all work together. My favorites are Oceana and Casablanca.
6. Texas Lash Mascara: Yes, some serious volume.
What have you tried from Cargo? Which shades are your favorite?