Today for Makeup Wars we’re sharing our favorite new brands. And while this brand isn’t new (Oribe has been around for forever), I really only started using their products a few months ago and I have been OBSESSED. I buy at least 1 new product every time I’m at my salon, I buy them at Blue Mercury, I add a few things to a Neiman Marcus order… you get the idea. So far I have only really ventured into the styling products, but the samples I’ve tried of their shampoo/conditioner duos are amazing (and I refuse to start using them, because that would be a whole other obsession!)
1. Grandiose Hair Plumping Mousse (at Neiman Marcus or Oribe): This mousse is no joke! I like to use it all over my hair to provide some nice hold for curling, or a very small (very small) amount in my roots to provide extra lift.
2. Dry Texturizing Spray (at Neiman Marcus or Oribe): If I want a beachy look, I spray this on my 2nd or 3rd day hair when I wake up. I throw a few loose curls in with a curling iron as well to refresh it, and that’s it!
3. Apres Beach Wave and Shine Hairspray (at Neiman Marcus or Oribe): I use this with the Dry Texturizing Spray as well, this one adds a little hold (I use the Dry Texture spray first, then curl, then this at the end), and a bit of shine.
7. Signature Royal Blowout Heat Styling Spray (at Neiman Marcus or Oribe): Super light weight and I can’t feel it in there, this is my go-to 2nd heat protectant for when I’ll be curling my hair. (Yes, 2nd. I always at least double protect my hair from heat.)
8. Imperial Blowout Transformative Styling Crème (at Neiman Marcus or Oribe): Similar to the SuperShine cream, I usually use them together. I think of this as a heavier duty, super smoothing version of the Royal Blowout Spray.